Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 TESLA MODEL X 100D, 12k mi, 7 Seats, lease takeover or buy out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think he’ll do fine at his current price point. Someone looking for a short term lease can get into this with zero down with plenty of miles left.

A new vehicle equipped like this one would be $1500-1600 a month with a little over $7k down to start.

Looks like you and i are both in Ca, so we may not see it as the most ideal deal, but our tax laws and CA incentives make our leases much more attractive then may other states.

Nonetheless, best of luck on your lease trade.

Thanks!

It’s $1410. First person at Tesla finance gave me incorrect info. For leases, Maryland makes you pay the full taxes up front, on the value of the car, even on leases, so basically that was a little over $6,000 on mine (sticker price after discounts, was $104,400). That 6k was built into my lease payment. In other words, if someone in another state takes over my lease, their payment would be my payment $1410 + their sales tax...essentially paying double taxes (Maryland + their state) for the duration of the lease (ends January 1, 2021). Best deal would be for either
1) someone in Maryland to take over bc they get the same payment $1410
2) someone in a state with no/low sales tax on EVs.

Still not a bad deal no matter where it goes, for a fully loaded model x 100d with 12,500 miles on it. For a brand new one with my specs, it would be around $1800 in Maryland.