Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this update the other day and am confused somewhat, as to the architecture of the update numbers? I thought the first four were the year of version 9, followed by the week and day with other minor modifications following. Obviously, we are in 2019, so why would the update not show 2019? I show the first car to receive this update received it on 1/22/2019..........so why would the update not show the nomenclature of 2019.4.3 being year 2019, 4th week of the year, 3rd day?

The version if from when the software was built. They (Tesla) probably test their software internally before it gets released to us.
So 2018.50 means software was built in week 50 in 2018, and the last number is just a counter, like .1 .2 .3 for bug fix versions of that version. The characters after the version e.g. 4ec03ed is most likely the commit hash in their software versioning system.

I pray it fixes my not being able to super charge. Since November v9 i have been unable to charge at every OLD gen 1 thru 4 charger.
Tesla has done zero to fix my and others problem. They dont care about the antique cars and customers one twit. V9 for S is junk sw, never tested on old cars.