Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 M3 sudden loss of rear camera and quick restart

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, in the last couple of days while driving I’ve noticed a sudden loss of the rear camera feed coupled with a quick restart shown here in the following video:

Has anyone had such an issue?
The car is 2018 LR M3 with 2.5HW

Perhaps this?

I got my recall notice from Tesla months and months ago but still haven't heard from them that the parts are in. Just wondering if anyone has had this recall service done yet. Fortunately, I've had no problems with the rear camera - yet. The rear camera is required by law now so maybe the Dept. of Transportation should lean on Tesla a bit about this recall.

My rear camera went out on 8/29, and was able to get appointment 9/1. Installed new camera but still no video feed and no TACC or AP. Said car needs new computer and would contact me when part arrives, which should be 4-7 days,
and schedule appt. Still waiting 17 days later. Reached out to service Thursday with no response as of today.

Hey guys, this problem went away by itself ever since I’ve posted about it but now it has returned with a vengeance!! The screen keeps on hanging very often and sometimes consecutively in short period of time. I experience the following every time it hangs; speed loss, general lag, no control over volume through steering scroll wheel.

Here’s two videos of the anomaly

Has anyone experienced this before?