Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model X Won’t Charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pulled up to a Tesla Supercharger and the car didn’t charge - the dashboard flashed duration times up to 7 hours to charge. I switched charging stations - same result. I rebooted several times - same result. (See attached pic, if possible)

Drive it to a Tesla Service Center in Westchester, NY, and have not heard back. The Tesla app still shows the state of charge that hadn’t changed.

Any thoughts?
Either way, thanks for reading this!🙂

Attachments

• 3871EADF-1843-4510-8719-97CB7449F2DF.jpeg
    3871EADF-1843-4510-8719-97CB7449F2DF.jpeg
    248.7 KB · Views: 170
Hi Gary, I'm curious - what was the issue with your Model X? My Model Y won't charge at a supercharger anymore and unfortunately I found this out on a day trip from Austin to Houston. I had to drive back home with a loaner, still waiting for the service center to identify the issue and fix it so I can make the 6 hour round trip to pick it up.

The service rep thought the issue may have been caused by me not regularly charging at a super charger. I always charge at home with my Tesla wall unit.

Upvote 0
Hi Gary, I'm curious - what was the issue with your Model X? My Model Y won't charge at a supercharger anymore and unfortunately I found this out on a day trip from Austin to Houston. I had to drive back home with a loaner, still waiting for the service center to identify the issue and fix it so I can make the 6 hour round trip to pick it up.

The service rep thought the issue may have been caused by me not regularly charging at a super charger. I always charge at home with my Tesla wall unit.
Hi Stephanie, yes, after a week of trying multiple things, Tesla finally discovered that the charging unit itself was defective. They replaced it for $3,200.

If you need the exact part number I’ll look it up and send it to you.

Hope this helps!😊

Upvote 0