Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model X Won’t Charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pulled up to a Tesla Supercharger and the car didn’t charge - the dashboard flashed duration times up to 7 hours to charge. I switched charging stations - same result. I rebooted several times - same result. (See attached pic, if possible)

Drive it to a Tesla Service Center in Westchester, NY, and have not heard back. The Tesla app still shows the state of charge that hadn’t changed.

Any thoughts?
Either way, thanks for reading this!🙂

Attachments

• 3871EADF-1843-4510-8719-97CB7449F2DF.jpeg
    3871EADF-1843-4510-8719-97CB7449F2DF.jpeg
    248.7 KB · Views: 165
Thanks! There is no doubt of the type of charger I was at. I am totally familiar with all the different types of chargers.

The information in the dashboard is not accurate, clearly linked to the problem of not charging.

Also, I’ve driven since March 2018, all along the east coast from Maine to South Carolina. So I’m aware of charging options. But this is disturbing as my Model X seemed to be randomly riddled with major problems. In September 2022, the wiring harness needed replacing.

Again, I appreciate your response! Thanks for taking the time to do so.🙏

Upvote 0
Thanks! There is no doubt of the type of charger I was at. I am totally familiar with all the different types of chargers.

The information in the dashboard is not accurate, clearly linked to the problem of not charging.

Also, I’ve driven since March 2018, all along the east coast from Maine to South Carolina. So I’m aware of charging options. But this is disturbing as my Model X seemed to be randomly riddled with major problems. In September 2022, the wiring harness needed replacing.

Again, I appreciate your response! Thanks for taking the time to do so.🙏
Sorry for the troubles, so we have at least confirmed that the dash wash showing improper information for the charging you were doing which you already knew, hopefully they will get it figured out and get it fixed for you.

Upvote 0
Since we've ruled out the most common misunderstandings I would file a service ticket and note when you plugged in and where. Telsa should be able to pull up all the data once you've pointed them to a point in time.

Quick question, have you tried a hard reset and then charging again? If you 're able to reproduce the issue it should be straight forward to fix. It's the transient issues that are harder to fix.

Upvote 0
Since we've ruled out the most common misunderstandings I would file a service ticket and note when you plugged in and where. Telsa should be able to pull up all the data once you've pointed them to a point in time.

Quick question, have you tried a hard reset and then charging again? If you 're able to reproduce the issue it should be straight forward to fix. It's the transient issues that are harder to fix.
As per the OP’s post it’s at the service center

Upvote 0

Thanks, sir! Appreciate your response. Yes, I tried a hard reset and attempted to charge again, twice.

I drove it to the Tesla Service Center in White Plains, NY, and when they could not get the car to charge, I left it there.

Upvote 0
Hi Gary,

Do you know if your car is MCU1 or MCU2 ???

The first week of March was the cut over and I was lucky
that my March 2018 Model X had an MCU2.

If you have MCU1 - This may be an early indication that the EMMC
memory is starting to fail.
If it is MCU1 and you plan on keeping the car for a while,
most here would recommend upgrading to MCU2.

Good luck,

Shawn

Upvote 0
Hi Gary,

Do you know if your car is MCU1 or MCU2 ???

The first week of March was the cut over and I was lucky
that my March 2018 Model X had an MCU2.

If you have MCU1 - This may be an early indication that the EMMC
memory is starting to fail.
If it is MCU1 and you plan on keeping the car for a while,
most here would recommend upgrading to MCU2.

Good luck,

Shawn
Hey Shawn!

Thanks for your suggestions! Yes, I upgraded my MCU a couple of years ago. I did so because I plan on keeping the car for a very long time, as you suggested would be the best option for long-term ownership.

Much appreciated!

Upvote 0