Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 PUP introduced as standard - question about UHFS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi ALL

Im in the process of buying a used model S here in the UK.
The car was registered in Sept 2018 but not sure when it was built.
I saw a bunch of news releases dates around 20 july 2018 saying that Tesla were including PUP as standard on all MS MX cars.
My main interest is in the premium sound system or UHFS option which i believe was included in PUP
The car media unit says the sounds system: base which is a bit confusing unless all cars with the standard PUP in late 2018 say that.
Does anyone know from which production date in 2018 you should expect to see the UHFS as standard?
Is there any other way to tell externally if a car has the UHFS fitted?
If it really does have the base audio system does Tesla offer an UHFS retrofit upgrade?
Thanks!

Door jamb sticker should show the month and year of production which might help narrow down the options included. In US cars it is in the driver's door jamb, not sure if it's on the driver's or passenger's door in RHD cars.

In the rear hatch area, with UHFS there is only one storage "well" in the left side corner behind the wheels as the amp is in the other one. Without UHFS, there should be two storage wells.