Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confused about model type - dealer supplying wrong information (UK)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We - UK based - previously had a Long Range 2020 Model S. We're now looking at buying another one but am confused as to what a dealer has said to us.

It's a latter half 2019 car (69 plate) and on the rear it says "Dual Motor".

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 12.35.06.png

The dealer has mistakenly told us it is a 75D.

The photo from the touchscreen says it is "Standard Range".

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 12.35.30.png

So what exactly is this car? What am I looking at in terms of battery capacity / range?

Thanks in advance for any help!

i believe both are correct
with Raven release Tesla went away from putting number badges, only Dual Motor
Standard range has 75kwh pack
Long range has 100kwh
Wrong. The Raven update (which also includes both the Long Range and performance models) had only a 100 KwH battery pack.

75 kwh battery packs have not been made since 2018

There is no such thing as a "standard range" Raven. Period.

You actually found my factual response funny? Wow

u were saying?.. 😂

Reactions: SoCal Buzz
Thanks for the responses - I've asked them to clarify because I'm not aware of anything other than Long Range being available.

If it is standard range, by the looks of it I'm looking at a 25% reduction in range, which isn't ideal. That said, it is cheap.

It is similar to the earlier 75D but renamed by Tesla to be Standard Range. The Raven version SR was only made for a few months in 2019 (the door sticker will show the exact month of manufacture) and could be the 2020 model year. The range was 285 miles, while the Long Range at the same time was 405 miles. I'm less sure about it having a 75 or 100 kWh battery. If a 100 kWh battery, then it is software-limited. My guess is it's a 75 kWh battery. One way to find out is to look at the sticker on the battery. At that time, you can see the sticker behind the back of the front right tire. You have to get down low to see it. I think this label position is the same for UK as USA.

One advantage of a software-limited pack is you can charge it to 100% every day. With the 100 kW pack, it is recommended to only charge 80-90% daily, and only 100% for special trips where you need the extra range. It's also expected the software-limited pack will last longer since only 75% or so of the pack is being used.

Had one of these in the UK. it's a Raven - a proper Raven. However, it has a 75Kwh pack (usable about 71kwh). Range is 250 miles real world, maybe a bit more if you're careful. It will only charge at 140kw, and they're quite fast having the Model 3 motor in the front and a much lighter battery. Easily under 4 seconds 0-60. Good car actually! I have a Long range plus now.

• Helpful
Reactions: brainhouston