Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Red AWD 3, FSD, Priced off NEW Tesla Pricing Minus 20% 1YR Depreciation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks but I'm 100% set on Red.

This thread is making me nervous... I've almost talked myself into considering FSD too. There are some cool, let's say, party tricks in there.

Getting a new one with FSD is going to push my budget too much. On the other hand I don't know how I would feel paying what's a significant amount of $ for what's essentially a used car. Ok, there's an upside too, I'm sure that if anything major would have gone wrong, it would've happened already (as the OP said with the replaced drive unit). Technically this car should be solid. Yes, I'm having a conversation with myself :)

I wish this was closer to me (I'm 1,100 miles away).
This is one of the best priced Model 3s I have ever seen. Also FSD price goes up by $1000 on Aug 16th and it includes all the EAP features that the base Model 3 does not. You are also getting a full Xpel wrap for only $1k, which would not even cover material cost. You also have 3 years of remaining warranty, so minimal risk of issues.

Reactions: Jaywlker
This is one of the best priced Model 3s I have ever seen. Also FSD price goes up by $1000 on Aug 16th and it includes all the EAP features that the base Model 3 does not. You are also getting a full Xpel wrap for only $1k, which would not even cover material cost. You also have 3 years of remaining warranty, so minimal risk of issues.

Wow, JB, thanks for finding my thread! Elon has indeed said the price will go up $1k in August, and has said it will continue to increase over time as more FSD features are released.

one small clarification, 7 years of warranty left on the drivetrain (motors, battery, inverter), 3 years left on rest of the car.

@cucubits (and all here)

There is an out of state discount, of $500 off for anyone who makes the trip here to Chapel Hill AND buys the car. Happy to give a consolation ride in the Roadster to anyone who makes such a long trip, but, does not buy the Model 3. If someone opts to ship the car home rather than drive it, while I would not pay the shipping cost, I'd try to be as helpful as possible re being available for a pickup.

Above said, there is a member whose first in line for the car for the next several days as he works on ensuring that financial and marital circumstances are all a go on buying the car.

No worries, thanks for letting me know. At the moment I'm a bit more inclined toward ordering a new one but that can change.

This may help others: how is the ownership transfer done in cases like this?

I mean if someone from far away comes and picks up the car, what is there to be done for the car to appear in his account? I'm assuming this transfer has to be completed before the roadtrip back so the buyer can supercharge, right?

No worries, thanks for letting me know. At the moment I'm a bit more inclined toward ordering a new one but that can change.

This may help others: how is the ownership transfer done in cases like this?

I mean if someone from far away comes and picks up the car, what is there to be done for the car to appear in his account? I'm assuming this transfer has to be completed before the roadtrip back so the buyer can supercharge, right?

found this.

Ownership Transfer Support

I guess SuperCharging would be billed to whichever account is active at the time.

IMG_3113.JPG
IMG_3114.JPG
IMG_3115.JPG
IMG_3116.JPG
IMG_3117.JPG
IMG_3118.JPG
IMG_3119.JPG
IMG_3121.JPG
IMG_3122.JPG
IMG_3126.JPG
Attached is a bunch of interior pictures.

I think Tesla did a great job building an interior that is easy to keep in very good condition, including those white seats.

While doing a little cleaning, it occurred to me that while the car has now 14,681 miles (and I mean now, as you can see in one of these pics from tonight), the car has literally only been driven with passengers in the back somewhere between 15 and 50 miles. At most about 1,000 miles with someone in the front passenger seat. I think these pictures show this very light use. In fact, I think in three shots, 2 front driver seat isolated & 1 front driver door isolated, even the driver's area looks more like a car with 1,000 miles than nearly 15,000. Pretty sure all the pictures have enough context for you to see which side/row you are looking at. The car has never had a pet, child, or any smoking inside.

One thing I realized I'd not mentioned before. Part of the reason I bought the Xpel Ultimate Paint Protection Film is that the car's home is my driveway, not a garage. I think the PPF has done a great job protecting the car from the elements. fwiw, I do use an outlet for the car at home, so it's plugged in every night it's here.

The "P-" I bought to replace this car with looks like it'll be ready for me to bring home on Friday. I might drive another 100 miles between then and now, but, after that, I think I'll be able to hold the miles put on the car in place, with the exception of any test drives by potential buyers.

Is the deal you mentioned last week still pending or it fell through?

That couple is still trying to decide. If it's not a go by Wednesday evening, another TMCer wants to see the car Thursday or Friday.

Just curious if I may ask, what pushed you to get the P? Is there really that much of a difference in speed?

Could only go by reputation, haven't gotten to really test out a P... but, the difference in price has dropped so much, I decided to go for it. It helped that I kind of knew I probably had to decide on the spot (very few of these became available). If I'd had time to use the "think it over" part of the body, I'd probably of stuck with the red car. The first few days after I put the new order in, I literally felt a tug of "how could I let you go" when I'd walk up to "the Martian" (my name for the red car). Pretty sure I'm not the only person that comes to feel a kind of bonding to a car. meh, if I'm nuts, so be it, lols.

Last edited:
Really nice car at a very reasonable asking price. I’m doing for a black interior due to 3 young kids and the incredible mess they tend to make. Best of luck with the sale!

Whether you are interested in my car or not, if you like the looks of the white interior I strongly recommend you do some research here and on YouTube.

Baby wipes are great at cleaning them. I think there's very strong consensus that they are way easier to keep clean than what people expect. Now, perhaps 3 young kids test that, but, Kim "Like Tesla" a prolific YouTuber whose had multiple Teslas, has at least two kids, and always goes with the white interior. Her cars always look great. I'm sure she's discussed this in some of her videos. Here's a link to her past videos. You could probably find her on twitter and ask her there if you don't spot a helpful video.

Like Tesla

... and thanks for the positive feedback on the car and its pricing!

I did get a commitment late tonight from a TMCer for the car.

I appreciate the conversation and interest here, especially the people who took the time to give thoughtful "thumbs ups" on the valuation figure and method I presented for the car.

Reactions: JamesBrown