Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance, PRISTINE, PPF, Ceramic Pro, Ceramic Tints, and MORE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who says the buyer was from Oregon? It only states the seller was from Oregon. Being from CA even if I buy a car in Oregon I’m still required to pay CA tax upon registration. I wouldn’t expect a seller to cut their price because I have to pay sales taxes.

Well you only made your argument less, cause as a buyer from Oregon they would actually tend to pay more. The example used was what I was referring to when stating that the owner would be more likely to have a selling price less than average. Since most sellers would like to keep as much money as possible, that’s based off the price they paid for the car. Therefore this seller would not be a good example, since the price paid doesn’t coincide with what most owners paid for the exact same car. Do you understand now?

• Disagree
Reactions: JamesBrown and Less
Well you only made your argument less, cause as a buyer from Oregon they would actually tend to pay more. The example used was what I was referring to when stating that the owner would be more likely to have a selling price less than average. Since most sellers would like to keep as much money as possible, that’s based off the price they paid for the car. Therefore this seller would not be a good example, since the price paid doesn’t coincide with what most owners paid for the exact same car. Do you understand now?
Only a stupid seller would take sales tax or registration into account when they price a used car. A $50k car will be worth the exact same amount used no matter if someone paid $10k in tax/registration or $0. Market price is market price, your sales tax has nothing to do with it. Do you understand now?

Only a stupid seller would take sales tax or registration into account when they price a used car. A $50k car will be worth the exact same amount used no matter if someone paid $10k in tax/registration or $0. Market price is market price, your sales tax has nothing to do with it. Do you understand now?

Any seller is taking into account what they paid for the car, one to even decide if it’s worth selling or keeping, and do you even understand market price? Cause if you did you would understand the term market involves who your buyers are, correct? If you have ever owned a car and decide to see what the value is you may check kbb to price your car, yes? Assuming you have ever owned a car which is an assumption cause clearly there is a good chance you haven’t. When you check the value they have you put a zip code in. Have you ever checked kbb before? The reason for your zip code isn’t to gather information on you to sale your information.

It’s to decide your market, meaning where you live is most likely going to be where the potential buyers are going to be, correct? That wasn’t really a question for you this time cause your dumb enough to think otherwise. So unless you have never owned a car, and either have only leased or ride a bicycle than you should have had a chance to check websites, (kbb) that have been pricing cars before the web ever existed. If you haven’t than I don’t really need to explain more but I will once again assuming you have owned a car in your lifetime. Your idea of market seems to involve the whole world, or least the entire U.S.?

Sorry that’s not how it works. Market value takes into account where you live for many reasons, like the fact if I have a $150k exotic car and live in a small farming town, there is probably not going to be that many people interested in it, right? So most likely your buyer is going to have to travel to get a car under market value where he currently lives. This will include many things by doing this, and once again explaining them tells me you have not owned a car before.

Risk that the car isn’t as described, money to travel such as gas, plane ticket, etc, and these both relate to risk as I will get to that next. So for this example we will use buying a plane ticket, since your meaning of market is so great we would never want to drive 1600 miles to get there, right? Since it was such a quick decision to purchase the car cause you wanted to get that great amazing deal before anyone else, you bought your ticket for $600. When you get there you’re either going to purchase the car or not. (I can’t believe I’m really having to explain this)

Let’s say you decide to buy it, meaning it was as described and you got lucky right? You took the risk and it paid off, you didn’t have to fly back cause it wasn’t as described, and waste $1200 on plane tickets just to come home empty handed. Well you bought it so now what? You going to drive it 1600 miles home? You going to ship for another $2,000? You going to ship it enclosed since it’s a really nice car and spend more? Well in this scenario let’s make it easy, since it’s a Tesla and has FUSC you obviously going to drive and not waste money on gas. You still spend money on other things obviously, but really do you how long it would take to drive a Tesla 1600 miles and having to stop and charge? Let me tell you, long enough that you must not have a job, ok. Even worse it didn’t have PPF and now your nice car has little rock chips all over the grill, bumper, hood, etc. Darn it.

You starting to get the picture now buddy? There are cost involved, therefore market value can change in as little as 50 miles in some cases, depending on the vehicle. Notice I didn’t say car, suv, truck? Cause all three apply to certain markets thus giving the market value. Meaning market value should ever be used as an example especially on a website where people are located everywhere. It’s what someone is willing to pay for your car that matters. If the seller is stupid or broke and has to put his car up for way less than what he really wants to get, than that’s what he’s going to do cause his options are limited. If he isn’t broke and can take his time selling the car, or even keep it if he doesn’t like the offers he gets, he should try several resources when selling it. Instead of listening to that idiot that told him what his car was worth because the guy said “that’s the market value”, and sold his for $6,000 less than his neighbor does the next week.

So asking anyone on here what their specific car is worth, especially when there are different things added like that PPF that didn’t seem important until your darn car got ruined on the way home, is just plain stupid, even worse telling someone means you don’t know anything about purchasing a car or selling a car cause you have never actually owned one. All these things go across a real buyers mind when looking to purchase. Some will never travel again cause they did it once and came back with their dick in their hand, meaning the car was *sugar* and a waste of money and time. Others may try traveling, and spend money to get there, to take the risk, maybe damage the car on the way home. But really your market is going to be about a 25-100 mile radius that the average person wants to take when looking at buying cars. Depending on their market of course, where they live, like traffic, etc.

Obviously you just don’t understand what market is, and using Tesla’s pricing online as your market value guide for everything does not work. You starting to understand? Probably not cause you probably don’t own a Tesla. So you have never actually bought or tried buying one of their CPO cars, or even been on a long trip in a Tesla before. It’s not comparable to buying from a private seller or even a dealership, in your market. You don’t get to see the car, cause it wouldn’t be close enough based on your idea of market. Tesla charges I believe $2,500 for delivery, your paying taxes for it cause you don’t live in Oregon, but there are also a lot of states that don’t pay taxes on private party cars, did you know that?

Probably not, cause once again you have never owned a car, so all these variables don’t quite making it through your brain yet cause you have no experience buying.

Thanks for wasting my time you better actually own a Tesla, actually you better not own a Tesla otherwise you wouldn’t be this stupid, and I wouldn’t have had to waste my time explaining market value to you. DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW?

Nice car and GLWS.
Had a friend like you in Coloardo, took immaculate care of everything, bought and sold lots of motorcycles and as soon as he would buy something we'd all rush to call dibs for when he sold it. He would add a bunch of goodies and it would be in better condition than when he bought it so he was the guy you wanted to buy something from.

Nice car and GLWS.
Had a friend like you in Coloardo, took immaculate care of everything, bought and sold lots of motorcycles and as soon as he would buy something we'd all rush to call dibs for when he sold it. He would add a bunch of goodies and it would be in better condition than when he bought it so he was the guy you wanted to buy something from.
Ha thanks for the note. And yea, love cars, but turn them over too fast and too often :) Bad hobby....