Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019-2020 Model S 19 inch factory tire specification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sure this has been covered before, but I've not had any success trying to do a few searches.

Can anyone tell me what the 19" all season stock factory tire is for a 2019-2020 Model S? Did they continue to use the Goodyear Eagle Touring 245/45R19 or did they switch to a different make/model of tire?

I have a mid-2016 MS90D and it's nearing time to replace all four tires. Factor all-season tire when I got my car was the Goodyear Eagle Touring, which is what I stayed with for my second set. I figure it's been over 5 years since my car (and that tire) was specified and wondering if there's something newer that offers a better combination of tread life, efficiency/low rolling resistance, and road noise while maintaining reasonable all season traction capability. (yeah, I know, I'm asking for everything!).

Before someone just goes ahead and suggests I change to something else (I know many like some combination of the Michelen, either Pilot Sport A/S or MXM4), I'd like to understand what Tesla might have evolved the factory spec. I figured a good starting point would be to look at what the newer, Raven, Model S might have used as a more recent tire specification that I should consider.

Thanks,.

My June 2020 LR+ came with the Goodyear Eagle Touring 245/45R19. I like them.
Thanks. I don't have any strong complaints from my first two sets either, but tires evolve over time and didn't know if Tesla had come up with a better option.

What are you seeing for tread life? I've gotten around 33k miles out of my two sets so far. Ideally I'd like a little better, but also don't want to sacrifice rolling resistance/efficiency or greater road noise (yeah, I know, I want it all).

Upvote 0
As with previous responses, our Sep '19 Raven LR came with 19" Goodyear Eagle Touring. Odo now 20,500 mi, tires rotated Front to Back @ 10K mi. Front treads still good, but rears are on the wear bar at the outside and getting close in the center. I'm hoping to rotate once more and squeeze another 5K out of them; CA tire stores cannot rotate tires once the tread hits the wear bar.

Otherwise no complaints about the tires except disappointing wear rate, although not surprised given the vehicle's weight. I might have gotten better wear by following Tesla's recommended 6.5K rotation schedule. Considering replacing with same or Continental PureContact (similar price, better reviews) or Michelin Primacy Tour A/S (good reviews but considerably more expensive).

Upvote 0