Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long Term Tire Efficiency Numbers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SSonnentag

埃隆•馬斯克
Apr 11, 2017
Arizona
Since I’m trading in my 2017 S 100D for a Performance Y, I thought I’d publish my tire wear and efficiency data, in case it may help someone else out with tire buying decisions.

245/45R19 on factory Slipstream wheels

I have been the only driver for the duration, and my driving style has been very consistent since I use AP for nearly all driving. 70 mph is my go-to speed since most of my driving is on 65 mph roads and AP limits me to 5 over.

Michelin Primacy MXM4 (37,100 miles — 315 Wh/mi)
Michelin Primacy MXM4 (21,184 miles — 315 Wh/mi)
Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate (39,693 miles — 315 Wh/mi)
Michelin CrossClimate2 (56,034 miles — 316 Wh/mi)

Conclusion, efficiency is the same for all tires used, but durability varies greatly.

Last edited:
I am getting the Michelin CrossClimate2 in 2 days. Your numbers are much better than I expected. I expected them to be much less efficient. Anyway, I was interested in their roadholding and braking in dry, wet, snow. Seem to be the best bad weather tire besides actual snow tires in winter, and the excellent everwhere else, except I had read the range is significantly reduced. Can't wait to see how they do.

Reactions: SSonnentag
I am getting the Michelin CrossClimate2 in 2 days. Your numbers are much better than I expected. I expected them to be much less efficient. Anyway, I was interested in their roadholding and braking in dry, wet, snow. Seem to be the best bad weather tire besides actual snow tires in winter, and the excellent everwhere else, except I had read the range is significantly reduced. Can't wait to see how they do.
What’s your experience been with the CC2s? I was looking at those and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4, but I’ve really just begun to look. I use winter tires in the cold months so snow handling is less of an issue, but the shoulder months are always dicey so I still want an all-season, not a summer tire.

We haven't had much snow this year, so I really don't have much experience with snow driving with the CC2s. I am impressed with the wet road performance. With such a heavy car, it is reassuring to know that water and slick roads are less intimidating. Range is lessened, but I don't think it is a major issue, and haven't calculated how much. Look at the ratings: (scroll to the right one tab on the page that is displayed)

Reactions: jgs