Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.8.3 P100D "New Acceleration Mode"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like many others today I received 2019.8.3. Along with now having Sentry Mode (yes!!), and Autosteer Stop Light Warning. There was a note for New Acceleration Mode.
1553703222952201926750.jpg

So it's just an easier to activate Max Battery Power in Ludicrous Mode (Ludicrous+) which now looks like this:
15537035811121602399416.jpg

If you want to see the battery temp purple graph you still need to activate via the easter egg.

Does this change how launches are done?

I haven’t done a launch yet but I was looking to try it out once I bring myself to accept the “wears out your car much faster” dialog box condition. Lol.
Not that I know of, it looks like this is just a UI tweak to help the user. Just selecting Ludicrous before a person might not understand they will get slightly better performance with Max Battery also enabled.

Purple temperature graph?

Where do I see that? What are the values for the x and y? I mean I guess one of them is temperature at least. Lol.

Where did you do your first launch? Is there a definitive guide somewhere?

I've had no success in initiating launch mode, seems too complex compared to other cars I've driven with it.

1. Ludicrous+ Mode
2. Battery heated
3. Press and hold brake and press accellerator to the floor and release and you should see Launch Mode on your instrument panel
4. Floor accelerator and release brake to launch

Battery needs to be heated, that is what most people miss. Other than that it is the simplest launch mode I have used.

1. Ludicrous+ Mode
2. Battery heated
3. Press and hold brake and press accellerator to the floor and release and you should see Launch Mode on your instrument panel
4. Floor accelerator and release brake to launch

Battery needs to be heated, that is what most people miss. Other than that it is the simplest launch mode I have used.

Are you sure the battery needs to be heated? I haven't paid attention, but I don't think mine requires full preheat.

How do you know if the battery is heated to the ideal temp?

Under Max Battery Power it will say Ready in the display below the Acceleration Setting (see below answer though).

Are you sure the battery needs to be heated? I haven't paid attention, but I don't think mine requires full preheat.

No, you need to activate the battery to be heated (which is no longer separate from engaging Ludicrous+), it just needs to be engaged before you can use Launch Mode. Probably should have written that better. Also note Air Suspension should be set to Low per the manual.

Reactions: bhzmark and HandleX
Yep that must be me too, I'm sure they have their reasons for that but it seems silly to have to wait for the battery to be at temp.

I actually stated this incorrectly. Heating needs to be initiated it does not have to be complete for Launch Mode. I just went out and tested to be sure. So on most recent update:

1. Press Ludicrous+ Button
2. Press acknowledgement that you want Max Battery Power Mode when it pops up.
3. Press and hold brake and floor throttle and release and you should get Launch Mode Enabled message on instrument screen
4. Floor throttle and release brake and hold on

You will only get maximum acceleration after battery is heated but you can still use Launch Control before it finishes.

• Informative
Reactions: P100D_Me
Purple temperature graph?

Where do I see that? What are the values for the x and y? I mean I guess one of them is temperature at least. Lol.

Where did you do your first launch? Is there a definitive guide somewhere?
Temp is purple, but lousy image contrast here, the circular arc. This is after my first L+ test with prior software outside Escalon CA.
old |v2018.50.6|AP2,MCU1,PUP|
new |v2019.8.3|AP2,MCU1,PUP|

IMG_3336.JPG

Anyone got any ideas as to why I'm not seeing the battery heating in max power with ludicrous plus selected? Am I missing something? This is after 2019.8.3 update (SP90DL). Also, launch mode doesn't work - I guess because it's not going into max power mode.

img_20190330_005826-jpg.391785

Anyone got any ideas as to why I'm not seeing the battery heating in max power with ludicrous plus selected? Am I missing something? This is after 2019.8.3 update (SP90DL). Also, launch mode doesn't work - I guess because it's not going into max power mode.

img_20190330_005826-jpg.391785
Same here.

Since the update(2019.8.3), I haven’t been able to get into launch mode with my MS P90DL