Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Blue Ridge Parkway Tesla Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AD605913-9B3D-4B18-A841-439E023AA430.jpeg 24831B88-0EC2-4BB3-88EE-E8024DD08EAA.jpeg
Did a test run yesterday. This is in a P3 from Asheville to Cherokee, 2.5 hours on the Parkway.

The drive back was just an hour/50 miles. Easy in even an older 60 kWh Tesla.

Reactions: theothertom
Tesla destination chargers in Asheville:

- Grand Bohemian Hotel
- Hyatt Place Downtown
- Omni Grove Park Inn
- Albemarle Inn
- Bunn House Boutique

# Asheville Supercharger is at the Asheville Outlets, about 8 minute drive from downtown
# Most of the parking garages in the city have 30 amp chargers (free to use, but not free to park)
# 2 free level 2 chargers at the Asheville Visitors Center in Montford (walking distance to downtown) - pro tip: the left one is 30 amp and the right one is 16 amp
# Several breweries nearby have chargers. Sierra Nevada is about 30 minute drive in Mills River but is a gorgeous outdoor space and has 2 solar-powered 30 amp chargers. New Belgium brewery in West Asheville (~5 minutes from downtown) has an astounding 6 level 2 chargers.

See you here!

Last edited:
Just registered for the event. Now to find a hotel room. :cool:

Awesome! The Crowne Plaza still has rooms left for that weekend if you wanted to stay at the location of the dinner. Early check-in and badge pickup will be in the lobby of the Crowne Plaza Friday night as well. Regular check-in and badge pickup starts 10AM by the supercharger. Will be updating the event page today with a little more info.

Awesome! The Crowne Plaza still has rooms left for that weekend if you wanted to stay at the location of the dinner. Early check-in and badge pickup will be in the lobby of the Crowne Plaza Friday night as well. Regular check-in and badge pickup starts 10AM by the supercharger. Will be updating the event page today with a little more info.

A little on the pricey side for me, although I'll definitely be there for dinner. Looking at some pet-friendly options around the Supercharger and came across the Comfort Suites. Given the number of Teslas in town that weekend, I think it's wise to stay close to the Supercharger so I can charge at my convenience late at night.

A little on the pricey side for me, although I'll definitely be there for dinner. Looking at some pet-friendly options around the Supercharger and came across the Comfort Suites. Given the number of Teslas in town that weekend, I think it's wise to stay close to the Supercharger so I can charge at my convenience late at night.

Yes, and a lot of folks are staying over by the superchargers. Charging Friday night or EARLY Saturday morning, like 7-8AM early, shouldn't be an issue and as people roll in on Saturday I'm sure we will have a queue forming at the supercharger as soon as 10AM. We will have a pair of CHAdeMO adapters to use at the two 50kw CHAdeMO stations at that location to pull a little bit of the pressure off the supercharger. Over half of participants are either coming Friday or are close enough that they won't need to charge before the drive so while it sounds like it will be an issue, it's not as much of one as it would seem.

Last year we thought there would be issues before the drive as we had 60 cars and NO supercharger at the origin point in Boone, but there were no issues at all with charging. This year is completely different of course with over 100 cars so we will see but we are planning should there be a major congestion issue to break into a secondary later group to accommodate charging for everyone.

Also, I'm jealous of your 156 unique supercharges visited. I'm at about 140 unique, maybe 145 max, would have to go back and math it out.

Yes, and a lot of folks are staying over by the superchargers. Charging Friday night or EARLY Saturday morning, like 7-8AM early, shouldn't be an issue and as people roll in on Saturday I'm sure we will have a queue forming at the supercharger as soon as 10AM. We will have a pair of CHAdeMO adapters to use at the two 50kw CHAdeMO stations at that location to pull a little bit of the pressure off the supercharger. Over half of participants are either coming Friday or are close enough that they won't need to charge before the drive so while it sounds like it will be an issue, it's not as much of one as it would seem.

Last year we thought there would be issues before the drive as we had 60 cars and NO supercharger at the origin point in Boone, but there were no issues at all with charging. This year is completely different of course with over 100 cars so we will see but we are planning should there be a major congestion issue to break into a secondary later group to accommodate charging for everyone.

Also, I'm jealous of your 156 unique supercharges visited. I'm at about 140 unique, maybe 145 max, would have to go back and math it out.

We had nearly 100 Teslas at the Custer event in May and things worked out well. The Superchargers were busy and often full, but I never saw a line of more than a car or two. That said, there are at least twenty destination chargers in Custer that make it a little easier.

The Asheville rally should add 12 more Superchargers to my list. Join the Superchargers Visited game (competition?) when you get a chance. It's great fun and highly addictive. ;)

Reactions: Tdreamer and Zarwin
We had nearly 100 Teslas at the Custer event in May and things worked out well. The Superchargers were busy and often full, but I never saw a line of more than a car or two. That said, there are at least twenty destination chargers in Custer that make it a little easier.

The Asheville rally should add 12 more Superchargers to my list. Join the Superchargers Visited game (competition?) when you get a chance. It's great fun and highly addictive. ;)
Indeed - I got the supercharger visit bug last year just after my first trip out to Custer. This year's trip through Custer was just one stop on a 3 week road trip built around Custer, a Freemont factory tour and a very long list of superchargers to add to my tally. I managed 187 new superchargers in this trip alone. At 313 visited now, and hope to add 34 in this trip. Had my eye on more but couldn't get the time. It's a special form of insanity - that comes with a :D.

Reactions: Big Earl