Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Long Range. Second battery failure in 4 months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a Tesla Certified used Model S long range in November 2021 with 22K miles. 4 months after the purchase the battery dies. The car was in the Tesla shop for about six weeks waiting for a new battery pack. About 3 months after getting the car back, the battery dies again. My Tesla service people are just saying it is a bad pack. Has anyone heard of two HV battery packs dying in that short of a time period? Does anyone have any thoughts on a possible missed root cause of the multiple battery failures?

I bought a Tesla Certified used Model S long range in November 2021 with 22K miles. 4 months after the purchase the battery dies. The car was in the Tesla shop for about six weeks waiting for a new battery pack. About 3 months after getting the car back, the battery dies again. My Tesla service people are just saying it is a bad pack. Has anyone heard of two HV battery packs dying in that short of a time period? Does anyone have any thoughts on a possible missed root cause of the multiple battery failures?
Tesla QA department has not gotten any awards so I am not surprised that you got 2 bad battery packs so far. Hopefully, third time is a charm.

Reactions: 2101Guy
Upvote 0