Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 M3P weird single tapping/knock sound on both take off and coming to a stop?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I have a m3p that is making a SINGLE tapping/knock sound when coming to a stop and taking off from a stop.

I would hear it when taking off regularly from a stop, it would tap/knock once, drive and nothing then when i almost come to a stop, i would hear the single tap/knock sound again.

took it to tesla service and they said they fixed it by re-torqueing and oiling all the suspensions, however I still hear it without any improvements.

Any one have experience with something similar?

thanks!

It’s the wheel hubs clicking when torque is applied either forward or backward. Tesla has a cheap and easy remedy for this in most cases.

Per my service ticket from a couple of years ago: “Technician cleaned and lubricated all halfshafts at hub. Replaced the axle nuts and torqued to specification. No noise heard after repair.”

Work done at 72,000 miles and the noise hasn’t come back. Currently at 144,000 miles.

It’s the wheel hubs clicking when torque is applied either forward or backward. Tesla has a cheap and easy remedy for this in most cases.

Per my service ticket from a couple of years ago: “Technician cleaned and lubricated all halfshafts at hub. Replaced the axle nuts and torqued to specification. No noise heard after repair.”

Work done at 72,000 miles and the noise hasn’t come back. Currently at 144,000 miles.
Thanks man. will let the service center know

Reactions: Big Earl