Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Red Model 3 Performance | Fully Loaded | Low Mileage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello TMC,

Im new to the community. This is my first post. Please let me know if I’m breaking any rules.

I’m looking to sell my 2019 P3D with all the add-on options. Below is some details about the vehicle. I paid 73k after taxes and fees. I’m looking to get around 60k since the vehicle is current year with the most expensive configuration currently available.

Why am I selling? Deep down in my heart I really want the X, especially now that Tesla is offering lifetime supercharging on the new AP hardware Raven Models.

Year: 2019
Miles: Less than 5K
Exterior: Red Multi-Coat Paint
Wheels: 20’’ Performance
Interior: All Black Premium Interior
Autopilot: Included
Full Self-Driving Capability
Carbon fiber spoiler: Factory installed
Dual Motor P badge: Factory installed
Supercharging Status: Free super charging (3,000 miles)
More details available upon request.

I don't think you're breaking any rules but it will definitely help to post some pictures.

A few tips:

-with the latest price drops, people will compare what your asking to the current pricing. A new P starts at 55k + 2k red + 6k FSD (you do have FSD activated, right? Even if it's current year, it still is used and has 5k miles, I'd say be prepared to take a 10-15% hit on that.

-I don't think those 3k supercharging miles are going to be transferred to the new owner, maybe worth confirming.

Reactions: 1375mlm
Hello TMC,

Why am I selling? Deep down in my heart I really want the X, especially now that Tesla is offering lifetime supercharging on the new AP hardware Raven Models.
If you are buying an X, you should consider the Tesla trade-in. It might be a decent value since it is a current 2019 model, plus you would save a couple thousand on sales tax. It is also significantly less stress.

If you are buying an X, you should consider the Tesla trade-in. It might be a decent value since it is a current 2019 model, plus you would save a couple thousand on sales tax. It is also significantly less stress.

The Tesla trade-in on my 2019 P3D with FSD and 5k miles was $35,800. They’re a joke now. I’d love to know if he gets a better offer from them.

• Informative
Reactions: 1375mlm
They seem to not want Model 3s at the moment.
Teslas cost to build the base car vs the performance car are not that much different. Manufacturers make very little on base cars but profit on higher end versions of the same car, hence Teslas ability to adjust the prices on the Performance and AWD cars downward. The FSD adds no actual value to Tesla on a trade over a non Autopilot car because their cost to activate is zero on the non AP car. The trade value does seem a bit low but every used P3 they might sell is a new P3 they might not. I would have guessed $40k on a trade against an X because the margins on the S and X provide more room for trade valuation adjustments.

Apologies for the late reply everyone! I posted an Ad on craiglists and got some interest. I also submitted my info to Vroom and they did not get back to me yet. From the reviews i've seen on mtc is /r/teslamotors Vroom seems to be the best viable option for selling gently used/new Teslas. I lowered the price to 60k and still got low balled, does anyone know how to edit my thread title? I understand brand new is 63k but after fees/taxes etc it adds another 10k to the overall cost not including incentive. See my earlier google photos link with a screenshot of the breakdown.

Thank you for the suggestion James. I reached out to Tesla and inquired about the trade-in program. The value they gave me was $42,300 which was far below what I was expecting. I'm reaching out to Vroom to see what their value is and may consider that. The Tesla rep informed me that the only incentive for the trade-in is Telsa will cover the sales tax difference between the vehicles. At that point even if Vroom offered 50k~55k do you think it would be worth selling and buying vs trade-in?

The Tesla trade-in on my 2019 P3D with FSD and 5k miles was $35,800. They’re a joke now. I’d love to know if he gets a better offer from them.

You seem to be correct. After a lot of research I discovered the value is volatile and mostly based on current state of Tesla. If Elon tweets a questionable statement or a vehicle catches on fire somewhere, the price nose dives past traditional depreciation.

Teslas cost to build the base car vs the performance car are not that much different. Manufacturers make very little on base cars but profit on higher end versions of the same car, hence Teslas ability to adjust the prices on the Performance and AWD cars downward. The FSD adds no actual value to Tesla on a trade over a non Autopilot car because their cost to activate is zero on the non AP car. The trade value does seem a bit low but every used P3 they might sell is a new P3 they might not. I would have guessed $40k on a trade against an X because the margins on the S and X provide more room for trade valuation adjustments.

Do you think $43k trade-in value is worth it towards a Model X raven with lifetime supercharging?

Apologies for the late reply everyone! I posted an Ad on craiglists and got some interest. I also submitted my info to Vroom and they did not get back to me yet. From the reviews i've seen on mtc is /r/teslamotors Vroom seems to be the best viable option for selling gently used/new Teslas. I lowered the price to 60k and still got low balled, does anyone know how to edit my thread title? I understand brand new is 63k but after fees/taxes etc it adds another 10k to the overall cost not including incentive. See my earlier google photos link with a screenshot of the breakdown.

Keep in mind, some folks, like me in MA would have to pay taxes when I go to register it. So the fact that you paid tax doesn’t necessarily save the next person from tax. You can’t sell it tax free to anyone. It may work in some states.

Current Automotive will beat Vroom's offer - We Buy Teslas | Current Automotive

iam new to this forum to be honest, just spinned the wheel :)

iam really interested in a model 3. my real budget is about 30k,
think I would find something here?
any advice?

About me. not that much into cars, but love the Tesla mission
You won't find a P3D for $30k. If your budget is 30-35k, you're more in the 2013-15 Model S range. You might be able to to find a SR RWD or LR RWD Model 3, but it won't have FSD.

You won't find a P3D for $30k. If your budget is 30-35k, you're more in the 2013-15 Model S range. You might be able to to find a SR RWD or LR RWD Model 3, but it won't have FSD.
I’ve noticed this dude is going around to all the threads offering “$40k” and seeing what sticks. Good on him! I used to buy NFL tickets that way the night before game day. $20 for your ticket, willing to pickup anytime!!

• Funny
Reactions: computerchuck

thanks, not that much into FSD at this point, cause I really do think its like 2 to three years away,
model 3 lr/noLR 2018, would be a sweet spot auto pilot is the only thing iam really looking for