Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 RWD Standard Plus Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I missing something? These are $39.9k less a small federal tax credit brand new (and plenty in stock)?

There’s a $1200 delivery and doc fee on top of that, right? In addition, if this somehow could avoid taxes, or if he would pay those, that price basically brings the can to what a new one would cost. Still an absurd “deal” since you miss out on $1875 tax credit...

I do believe actual price on SR+ is $41,400 ($39,900 + $1,200) plus tax (easily $1500 to $3000).

There’s a $1200 delivery and doc fee on top of that, right? In addition, if this somehow could avoid taxes, or if he would pay those, that price basically brings the can to what a new one would cost. Still an absurd “deal” since you miss out on $1875 tax credit...

I do believe actual price on SR+ is $41,400 ($39,900 + $1,200) plus tax (easily $1500 to $3000).
Majority of states you will pay tax on used cars as well when you go to register the car. In VA where he is selling the car, a buyer would have to pay 4.15% on top of the $44k when they register the car.

Brand new 2019 SR+ from Tesla in VA
39.9k + 1.2k doc fee + 1.66k tax - $1.875 federal credit = $40,885

Used 2019 SR+ from Yuri 15 with 1600 Miles
44k + 1,826 tax = $45,826

This means Yuri15 would make a profit of $3.1k if someone is stupid enough to pay his asking price.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: T-Will
Majority of states you will pay tax on used cars as well when you go to register the car. In VA where he is selling the car, a buyer would have to pay 4.15% on top of the $44k when they register the car.

Brand new 2019 SR+ from Tesla in VA
39.9k + 1.2k doc fee + 1.66k tax - $1.875 federal credit = $40,885

Used 2019 SR+ from Yuri 15 with 1600 Miles
44k + 1,826 tax = $45,826

I was wondering if there was a way around the tax or not. Ya, horrible deal in that sense. Side question, is sales tax also usually charged on the delivery/doc fee?

I was wondering if there was a way around the tax or not. Ya, horrible deal in that sense. Side question, is sales tax also usually charged on the delivery/doc fee?
Each state has their own rules, but when I was living in VA, I do not believe I was taxed on the destination fee. But it was a couple year and many beers ago.

I just don't understand why a lot of people seem to be pricing their Teslas not only unrealistically, but above the price of an equivalent NEW car... I mean it's one thing to take a $100k car, add 25,000 miles to it and then try to sell it for $90k (which we see here all the time)... at least in that case the price is still lower than a new one. This completely boggles my mind.
===========
I see people complaining about the price people put on their cars and they quote prices that are much lower.
But they are quoting the new base price.
They forget the owner also paid for the paint color ( if extra ) / the upgraded interior / upgraded wheel/ and the state and local taxes they had to pay when they bought it.

Not to mention the clear bras and ceramic coating etc. etc.

===========
I see people complaining about the price people put on their cars and they quote prices that are much lower.
But they are quoting the new base price.
They forget the owner also paid for the paint color ( if extra ) / the upgraded interior / upgraded wheel/ and the state and local taxes they had to pay when they bought it.

Not to mention the clear bras and ceramic coating etc. etc.
Did you read the post?
- Free color
- Basic partial premium interior
- Aero wheels
- Taxes were included in the discussion
- No clear bra or ceramic coating

With everything, including destination fee and taxes included, his price is 3k higher than someone would spend buying one brand new from Tesla.

Did you read the post?
- Free color
- Basic partial premium interior
- Aero wheels
- Taxes were included in the discussion
- No clear bra or ceramic coating

With everything, including destination fee and taxes included, his price is 3k higher than someone would spend buying one brand new from Tesla.
And this is what is exactly wrong with the TMC for sale section. People trying to take advantage of the ones on here that dont know any better. I get it that anyone can list there car for any amount they want but there are so many on here that its become such a joke to even look at the listings anymore (but yet here I am, lol)

• Disagree
Reactions: Jase1125