Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 to Refresh: More of the Same?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello from Kingston, Ontario. I own a 2019 Models S Performance. I love the car. It has only about 12,000 km on the odometer. However, at least once a year (and sometimes more frequently) I crave the shot of dopamine that buying a new Tesla affords me. A therapist would no doubt have a lot to say about this, but let’s put that aside.

I am thinking of buying a (slightly used) 2022 refresh S (not the Plaid). After the dopamine has subsided, am I going to be driving six of one rather than half-dozen of the other? I’d love to hear from anyone who has switched from an older S to a refresh S. Was it all you expected it to be?

Hello from Kingston, Ontario. I own a 2019 Models S Performance. I love the car. It has only about 12,000 km on the odometer. However, at least once a year (and sometimes more frequently) I crave the shot of dopamine that buying a new Tesla affords me. A therapist would no doubt have a lot to say about this, but let’s put that aside.

I am thinking of buying a (slightly used) 2022 refresh S (not the Plaid). After the dopamine has subsided, am I going to be driving six of one rather than half-dozen of the other? I’d love to hear from anyone who has switched from an older S to a refresh S. Was it all you expected it to be?
Went from a 2014 S to the refreshed.My 2014 was a great car and trouble free. But the improvements made it a great upgrade and I’m a very happy with my new S.

I went from a 2019 Performance S to a June 2022 LR ... assuming the cost of doing so is not an issue, I think you would find almost everything has been improved. Body styling, wheels/tires, suspension, headlights, heat pump, quietness of ride, speed of infotainment, quality of interior, sound system, higher resolution screens. The LR is almost as quick (Performance beats by a little off a launch, LR pulls better post launch). I too really liked the Performance S, but I like the LR more ... it was a noticable upgrade in many areas. Smaller frunk & rear under trunk storage are about the only downsides I can think of.

Looks like almost the same car, but almost everything is new & improved.