Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hard to say what the update does for whom, but I had a disturbing incident two days ago on 2020.28.5 where the car accelerated on its own approaching a stop sign while I was braking. Neither Autopilot or TACC were engaged and the brakes were having to fight the car to stop it. The whole incident lasted less than a second but nothing like that has ever happened before. Next day I was one of the first few MS to get the 28.6 update. Don't know if the two are connected but I hope I don't experience that acceleration glitch again.

I find that NoA on 28.6 isn't changing to the right lane to exit until ~0.5 miles from the exit, which is causing unnecessary stress. I don't understand why they set the lane change so late.

Another reason FSD isn't worth the cost for me.

Model Y today, 2020.28.6 from .5 so nothing new, maybe some hidden bug fixes.

CFF918C7-331A-4A19-94CB-8C64EB125B56.jpeg

Reactions: hh83917
Model 3 - 2.5 Computer

All I got in this upgrade was Polish Language...That feels even more depressing than when you just get bug updates...

Still annoyed at not yet having street traffic light improvements
I also only got Polish language, I thought the fan on passenger side thing was in this update.
I’ve come from 2020.24.6.9

Absolutely nothing else noted.

• Love
Reactions: Stijntje
These are a couple of my recent experiences regarding AC and phantom braking using 28.5 on our MY:
- Each time I use a Supercharger my AC setting of “Auto” turns to “Off” and only trickles cool air out of the vents. Now each time I leave a Supercharger I open the climate control screen and restore the setting to “Auto”. It then goes back to its normal (exceptionally good) cooling in 95+ humid weather.
- I was on the Mass Pike last week on a bright sunny day. The asphalt pavement was older and warn so it was a lighter color than new pavement. Ahead of me in my lane I could see a large dark stain (possibly from an oil spill or car fire). I think the FSD interpreted this as debris in the road and “phantom” braked. Fortunately I was attentive, lightly touched the accelerator and it returned to FSD at the speed I had set. In the past the car has braked for large pieces of shredded truck tire which I see as a good feature.
I’ll be driving 120 miles tomorrow. I’ll report anything new I experience using 28.6

Reactions: Timmy T.
I haven't driven my car in months, but in the Before Times, NoA wanted to change lanes two miles early out of hov lane into terrible traffic. I had to turn it off.
This is more like my experience. 5 miles on the freeway for a commute, and NoA would start exiting from the second from left lane like 4 miles out from my exit and sit in horrible traffic. That was a year ago and was super annoying, so I quit using it entirely. 0.5 mile sounds like a dream