Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.8.3 just updating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maps come separate of firmware. I think they are only sending the new maps to the 12.1 crowd as they are the only ones who “need” it at the moment.
Ah, ok. I moved to a new build house which is neither on Tesla’s map or on Google maps (but is on Apple Maps). That means my home address is wrong, and I was hoping a new map would have my address. I’ve tried six times to have Google update their maps with my house, but no luck as yet. In the meantime, my home address on Tesla’s Nav system is a nearby home..

• Funny
Reactions: SOULPEDL
I went from 2020.8.2 to 2020.8.3 and it looked identical as far as what they showed on the screen! Updates to Track Mode, Bluetooth and Voice Commands, also mentions minor bug fixes. This is the second release with the exact same description, but clearly there must be some difference between 8.2 and 8.3!??! Anyone know what those differences might be?

I went from 2020.8.2 to 2020.8.3 and it looked identical as far as what they showed on the screen! Updates to Track Mode, Bluetooth and Voice Commands, also mentions minor bug fixes. This is the second release with the exact same description, but clearly there must be some difference between 8.2 and 8.3!??! Anyone know what those differences might be?
Just updated today to 8.3. I can say both 8.1 & 8.2 wouldn’t allow my MX to sleep (in garage) and was draining at 1% per day as before it was 1% every 3 days. Sentry off at home, summon stand by off, app has never been checked as I haven’t been driving anywhere and use my ICE for short trips 2km to the store so it doesn’t start rusting outside in the rain. Hopefully Phantom drain is fixed in this update

Reactions: LakersCentral
It installed this AM on my 3 week TM3 LR. Due to the lockdown I haven't had any chance to try details yet.

I hope that the Bluetooth Improvement (only connects after sitting in driver seat, this was mentioned on other 2020.8 updates) is not intended to block the trick with the second phone in the car to hack the European 6m distance rules for smart summon....

I have a 2020 Model 3, Dual Motor with Performance Boost.

One thing I noticed was while the car was fully charged at the time of the update, the range miles increased by 5% on mine immediatley after the updare was installed.
The percentage increased as the update reduced your standard range for a full battery. Reducing the base value increases the actual percentage although the actual state of charge is unchanged.
You received a haircut on your appreciating asset. You just got Musked

The percentage increased as the update reduced your standard range for a full battery. Reducing the base value increases the actual percentage although the actual state of charge is unchanged.
You received a haircut on your appreciating asset. You just got Musked

Wait, I dont understand. If at 90% charged, it says I can go further, it's just zeroing in on data tomake the range estimate more accurate right? I mean the car will go the same distance either way I think so really I neither gained nor lost anything as far as I can see.

If you have time, wpuld you please phrase what you said differently? I want to understand. I follow that it may be negative but am not processing how.
I Appreciate You!
Chris

Wait, I dont understand. If at 90% charged, it says I can go further, it's just zeroing in on data tomake the range estimate more accurate right? I mean the car will go the same distance either way I think so really I neither gained nor lost anything as far as I can see.

If you have time, wpuld you please phrase what you said differently? I want to understand. I follow that it may be negative but am not processing how.
I Appreciate You!
Chris
For example the model 3 is rated at 241 watt hours per mile (75,000 watt hours divided by 310 miles).

So at 90% charge on 2020.4 you had 67,500 watt hours of charge in the pack giving 279 miles of range. With 95% charge on 2020.8 and 67,500 watt hours in the pack your pack capacity reduced to 67,500 divided by 95% is 71,053 watt hours.

For example the model 3 is rated at 241 watt hours per mile (75,000 watt hours divided by 310 miles).

So at 90% charge on 2020.4 you had 67,500 watt hours of charge in the pack giving 279 miles of range. With 95% charge on 2020.8 and 67,500 watt hours in the pack your pack capacity reduced to 67,500 divided by 95% is 71,053 watt hours.
OMG, Energy was created. And they said it couldnt be done...
Btw, totally confused but about to go check as my update is complete.

The way I understand the post, he is saying (numbers simplified for poor math skills) the car showed 100 miles range at 50% charge. He is now seeing 105 miles range at 50% charge, a 5% increase in range.

I've noted a new problem with unreliable phone-bluetooth connection since this update - not with phone as a key, but with phone calls. Connection drops in and out every 5-10 seconds. Rebooted phone, no help. Anyone else have this problem? I know the update makes changes with Bluetooth (connect when Driver in seat) so I'm wondering if that's the problem.

I've noted a new problem with unreliable phone-bluetooth connection since this update - not with phone as a key, but with phone calls. Connection drops in and out every 5-10 seconds. Rebooted phone, no help. Anyone else have this problem? I know the update makes changes with Bluetooth (connect when Driver in seat) so I'm wondering if that's the problem.
I had this problem. I either disconnected and reconnected or removed my phone and re-added. Haven't seen the problem since, but haven't been doing too much driving recently!

I am having the same problem, it works for a day then stops.

No problem with BT stability on my side but I am still on 8.2

For the moment the car does not get the 8.3 update strangely enough