Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.8 Temporarily Suspended for Some HW3 Upgrades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About 40 minutes for me. I have 150M internet connection, but the limit is probably server capacity and internet traffic. I have read there is also a navigation update, maybe you got both? Though I thought the map update was only for 2020.12

Yeah, maybe I did get a nav update too. I just know that it seemed to be stuck at 100% for a very long time until it finally started the installation.

On a side note, 2020.8.2 introduced a new phantom braking issue for me in a spot that never had phantom braking before. Argh!

• Informative
Reactions: Kmartyn
Well, lo and behold, mine just updated to 2020.8.2 tonight. About 12 hours short of the 1 week mark. Maybe we're seeing a holding pattern here for some reason after upgrading to HW3. I read in a FB group that updates are delayed for a week or two after first taking delivery to avoid any potential dissatisfaction. Don't know if that's true but it sounds logical. I wonder if there's something similar going on with retrofits. And I wonder if this is going to be a new norm or if it still only applies to certain vehicle configurations.

Just tossing my hat in the ring. P3D+. Was on 2020.8.1, HW3 retrofit done Tuesday 3/23. Picked up the car with 2019.32 still installed. They worked to get 2020.4 installed remotely. Tried a few times installing 2020.4 to see if that would fix the issue but the tech said that he couldn’t push 2020.8 so I was escalated to engineering. Engineering said my hardware is ineligible for 2020.8, which makes no sense, obviously. Today my car started to download 2020.8.2, but stopped and it looks like it was pulled. Kind of frustrating process but I’ll give it a week and report back..