Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model 3 SR+ on 2019.31.104 Not receiving any updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up a brand new 2020 SR+ and it came with V9 2019.31.104 and it's been 4 weeks and no sign of updates. Is that normal? I was expecting a November 2019 purchase to have V10 installed at the factory.

I tried to chat with Tesla Support and their answer was, they have rolling updates so when my IMEI gets scheduled, I should get it. Been 4 weeks - how long should it take?

Any thoughts?

Yes, it’s normal for new cars. I had the same issue with my car, although chat was able to push out the latest update after I contacted them. Once you get in the system you will receive regular updates but when the car is new it sometimes takes weeks or months for Tesla to acknowledge that you now exist.

It took my car a good few weeks before the updates in and I had paid for FSD... just drive the car, keep it plugged in and connected to your wifi.

Attachments

• 2F799D78-7185-4824-AD9D-8375EF8C84CB.jpeg
    2F799D78-7185-4824-AD9D-8375EF8C84CB.jpeg
    309.8 KB · Views: 90
I had a 2019 M3 built in March or April that was totaled in September. I took delivery of my replacement last week, built this month. I have the same software as the OP. Have had them push an update twice and neither took. I’m waiting, too.

As for differences, I’ve only noticed three so far. 1) the pedestrian noise maker when backing up and driving under 5mph is new on 2020. 2) The bag hooks in the frunk are gone, and 3) the 14-50 adapter for the charging kit is not included as standard anymore, only the 6-15. Luckily I still have the one from the last car.

1) the pedestrian noise maker when backing up and driving under 5mph is new on 2020.
This was new on 2019 models; around September/October if I recall correctly.
2) The bag hooks in the frunk are gone
Also happened in the 2019 model - about the same timeframe as the pedestrian speaker (though I am sure unrelated)
3) the 14-50 adapter for the charging kit is not included as standard anymore, only the 6-15.
Definitely a 2019 thing: My July build, August delivery car didn't come standard with the 14-50.

There's a sticky thread devoted to what is (or isn't) new in MY 2020.

Tesla vehicle's are not 2020 vehicle's until January 1st 2020 as Tesla does not do updates the same as other American manufactures. Tesla updates throughout the year.

Why are you spreading false things? I picked up my car a week ago and it is a 2020 and hundreds of other people have as well. You are WRONG.

To get an update live chat Tesla and have them refresh your car for an update. I got mine 4 days after I picked it up by doing this. Connect to wifi for it. Keep updates on advanced. Sliding it back and forth and holding it down does nothing.

Reactions: Pvitale and tren01t
Tesla vehicle's are not 2020 vehicle's until January 1st 2020 as Tesla does not do updates the same as other American manufactures. Tesla updates throughout the year.
Here we go with false info being spread around. Tesla does NOT make changes to the car like traditional auto manufacturers, however they do change the model year at different points in time. I think they switch to 2020 when that statement came out that the AWD CARS now were at 322miles. That was in November for sure. So yes the current Tesla coming out are 2020 some of them. At this point anything being built now is 2020.

Just picked up a brand new 2020 SR+ and it came with V9 2019.31.104 and it's been 4 weeks and no sign of updates. Is that normal? I was expecting a November 2019 purchase to have V10 installed at the factory.

I tried to chat with Tesla Support and their answer was, they have rolling updates so when my IMEI gets scheduled, I should get it. Been 4 weeks - how long should it take?

Any thoughts?
A few things to try, ensure “Keep Climate On” is turned off. Set your WiFi to 2.4ghz .. seems to be a stronger signal, that’s where I keep mine for all updates.

If all these fails then go on your App and Submit a service ticket under Software Update.

Good Luck, let us know your results.

Fred

Good to read the manual every once in a while.

View attachment 484097
These are things to keep in mind, however it is not for receiving the update it’s for actually installing the update. Once the car has been flagged ( vin selected) it will then pop up thru LTE. And will only download over WiFi and all the other things you listed aren’t off. Now if Tesla pushed you a updated it can download over LTE. In fact 2019.36.2.1 was pushed to my 3 when it failed and downloaded and installed while not connected to WiFi

I picked up my car a week and half ago and am stuck at the same version. Tried every trick there is to no avail. Told by chat that no updates are available for my vehicle and they can’t push one out until an update fails. Was later told the only update available to me is 2019.32.104, which they tried to push but the update did not take.

Thus, still stuck on 2019.31.104.

I picked up my car a week and half ago and am stuck at the same version. Tried every trick there is to no avail. Told by chat that no updates are available for my vehicle and they can’t push one out until an update fails. Was later told the only update available to me is 2019.32.104, which they tried to push but the update did not take.

Thus, still stuck on 2019.31.104.
VERY common for new cars to not get updates for a while. While some have reported getting within a couple of days, many people (myself included) didn't their first updates until 2-4 weeks out.

Don't worry: unless this isn't your first M3, you have PLENTY about the car to learn. I am about 4 months (and several updates) in myself and I am still learning new things.

Enjoy!

Reactions: tren01t and ValXp