Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model X Performance Insurance Totaled my Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

KatU

Jun 22, 2021
Orlando
First, let me start with I cannot say enough that I am grateful that all parties involved with this accident were not mortally/severely wounded. We were hit by the other party running a red-light and struck my car at 45+ miles and do to the safety features in my car we suffered bruising and air bag burns. I will only be in a Tesla a ton of reasons and this by far is HUGE also.

At the time I built this car with:
Performance
Full Self Driving
Premium Package
6 seater
Towing Package
Winter Package
Free Supercharging
8 yrs Unlimited Mileage on Battery

I had bought at the max of whatever that year offered

Fastforward 4.5 years in 15 payments away from paid off with no intentions of ever selling and keeping the car this happens

The insurance company has determined the vehicle totaled. They are trying to value my upgrade to include the free supercharging and the other 8 years.

I commute a ton for my industry and why I choose this vehicle and design and BONUS free supercharging and battery warranty. I average 20k miles a year

Free gas for life has a value so should this.

Anyone go through this to value a this. For me it is a huge factor as mentioned above. Any advice from a similar scenario ?