Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sold 2020 Model Y Performance Black on Black RARE 1500 miles LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is a beautiful car, but given the 1500+ miles depreciation on a Premium Model Y, and it not having much of difference between the better priced (base color) LR AWD @ $49,990 vs LR Performance model @ $59,990, Lack of desire and demand for Uberturbine wheels due to loss of range, most people are not getting value for the buck for paying $10K more in current economy.

Market for performance Model Y is small and shrinking at current price range and market conditions. Not to mention, black is the least popular Model Y color (preference order: White , Blue, MSM, Red, Black)

Seller has this car listed for over two weeks across many platforms with no takers should be hint that asking price above the MSRP or even close to MSRP is not working.

Market will probably put this car closer to $55K valuation (8-10% depreciation, a chunk of that can be made whole for SELLER with State Tax Credits/Rebates (where applicable), so Seller's lose is minimal for driving 1500+ miles.

I'm sure JPELKA would agree given he buys many EVs to export, that even he would not offer more than $55K if it was someone else was selling it, and he was making a buyer's offer.

GLWS

This is spot on... I’m a cash buyer in AZ and would jump on this at 55k. I’m not motivated enough to pay full price on a used vehicle even if I do save on taxes. I know there will be a number of these things listed in the 55k range in the coming months.

I fully agree with the seller here. Why the hell do people care so much? The car is listed at a price and if you don’t like it or want it then spend your time looking at something else. The owner or a car or anything for that matter has the right to list a selling price they want. Just like if you go to a store and a shirt is “overpriced”. Do you spend hours in the store talking about price and how shirts at other stores are lower etc? No.....you just simply put the shirt back on the rack and walk out. Get a grip people

I fully agree with the seller here. Why the hell do people care so much? The car is listed at a price and if you don’t like it or want it then spend your time looking at something else. The owner or a car or anything for that matter has the right to list a selling price they want. Just like if you go to a store and a shirt is “overpriced”. Do you spend hours in the store talking about price and how shirts at other stores are lower etc? No.....you just simply put the shirt back on the rack and walk out. Get a grip people

Ignore few snarkiness, and think of community participation as primarily a force of good for seller as well as buyer, as there are so many scams and gauging, positive participation results in win-win for both seller and buyer, and overall positive experience of owning a TESLA.

Reactions: Rmf1981