Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model Y PUP - 450 miles - Deep Blue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can see you...

img_2237-jpeg.542645

there were a couple (few?) others who posted their MYs for sale soon after picking them up. i'm wondering whether the cars were purchased with the hope of an immediate resale at a profit, or just that the owners decided, for perhaps covid reasons, they could not afford them. a near 10% increase on a used car? makes me wonder. there haven't been any special vehicles produced. anyway, no matter the reason, i hope there is a sale in the offing. it is a strange time, nothing normal is happening.

I wonder if this is one of the 3 Model Y’s that Tesla called and offered me? They were soliciting potential buyers a while back with inventory cars, two grey/black and one blue/black cars with the blue one over in Tampa and the grey cars in Palm Beach. I just don’t like the black interiors in Teslas and told them to stop calling until they had a white interior but from what I hear the white interiors are in demand due to less availability. That should change quickly now with the factory back up to speed cranking out only Model Y’s right now.

Reactions: ra88it
$74,500 for anyone here on the forum. Excluding any of those who made “Snippy” comments.

This car has full self driving. Cost was over $73k. No liens

Also, forgot to mention in OP that front windows have been tinted to match rears and I had Homelink added.

This seems like a good price if people don’t care about the mileage. Assuming the car is registered (in Sarasota it’s 6% sales tax + extra 1% on the first $5k). New from Tesla is $70,190 (Performance Model Y, Blue/Black FSD + destination fee). $4,211 + $50 that brings the total to $74,401. Add in home link for $300 and tinting for $500 to $750 and you’re probably at $75k out the door.

Reactions: preilly44
This seems like a good price if people don’t care about the mileage. Assuming the car is registered (in Sarasota it’s 6% sales tax + extra 1% on the first $5k). New from Tesla is $70,190 (Performance Model Y, Blue/Black FSD + destination fee). $4,211 + $50 that brings the total to $74,401. Add in home link for $300 and tinting for $500 to $750 and you’re probably at $75k out the door.

Even if a new one as equipped would be $75k out the door, this used car at $74,500 would still be close to $80k when you add sales tax, title and registration (costs vary by state). Someone can instead order the car BRAND NEW in choice of color and have it delivered to their nearest Tesla store in 2 or 3 months for around $5k less.

Even if a new one as equipped would be $75k out the door, this used car at $74,500 would still be close to $80k when you add sales tax, title and registration (costs vary by state). Someone can instead order the car BRAND NEW in choice of color and have it delivered to their nearest Tesla store in 2 or 3 months for around $5k less.

That’s true, I forgot about having to pay local sales tax for the buyer... but I also can’t imagine the seller now would be making much off this sale at this new lower price... possibly if he was able to buy it somehow without paying sales tax yet (possibly paying when registering the car and it’s still on temp plates?)

That’s true, I forgot about having to pay local sales tax for the buyer... but I also can’t imagine the seller now would be making much off this sale at this new lower price... possibly if he was able to buy it somehow without paying sales tax yet (possibly paying when registering the car and it’s still on temp plates?)

I believe what you are referring to would be title jumping which is illegal i.e., you can't buy a car and then resell it before getting it registered in your own name to avoid paying sales tax.

Anyway, no I don't think the seller would be making much money on this car at $74,500 but I don't think it's worth $5k more for a USED car when you can get a NEW one in just 2 or 3 months by ordering. And, it certainly wasn't worth $10k more at the seller's original $80k asking price!

Additionally, some states still offer tax rebates/credits or other incentives on EVs that may only apply to new. In those cases, the buyer of this car would lose out there as well as this would be a used purchase.

$5k higher cost + potential loss of state tax rebate/credit/incentive + used instead of brand new = bad deal to me but if someone feels all of that is worth it versus waiting a few months, go for it!