Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 price reduction and cancelling order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It does seem that way at times. Which model did you get?

LR AWD. Tow didn't help, but not everyone collecting at end of September had tow. A lot was backlog and end of quarter push, as will be case end Dec, but its end of year and seasonal and unless car is already in UK, already on a ship or about to be put on a ship, December isn't going to happen shipping wise I would have thought. Good job they don't build to order, which makes it a lottery where a fresh order falls vs car availability. Do you go popular spec and hope there are plenty of them made, or unicorn spec and hope no one else bought the few made. Or in case up until now, step back and watch everything change from week to week.

unicorn spec

I got my Unicorn (white) in June as part of the first handovers ... white was an unpopular colour.

Now White is free, and nearly all of the M3s in the Heathrow "warehouse" yesterday were white ...

I would also pick Heathrow for handover, they are shifting a lot of cars there, so probably less bottleneck than elsewhere, but its a conveyor-belt, and more provincial service centres may well offer better / more personal service ... and PDI might be a bit more than "a wash" !