Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Raven Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m thinking of getting a nearly new Long Range Model S Raven, if anyone would like to offer advice, I’d be very grateful, one of the first questions I’d like to ask you all, is if I drive say 70 miles to the airport, park up for two weeks in Greece (fingers crossed ) how much will the remaining charge in the battery degrade ?

I’m thinking of getting a nearly new Long Range Model S Raven, if anyone would like to offer advice, I’d be very grateful, one of the first questions I’d like to ask you all, is if I drive say 70 miles to the airport, park up for two weeks in Greece (fingers crossed ) how much will the remaining charge in the battery degrade ?

I have a 2018 MS100D parked overnight under a partially exposed undercroft for a block of flats. I lose between 3 and 4% overnight with Sentry mode enabled just now in winter time.

I would lose 1% every couple of days with Sentry switched off.

I generally charge to 100% when leaving car at an airport and keep an eye on it via the Tesla app. Sentry can be switched off remotely if required to lessen the drain.

• Disagree
Reactions: Gasman23
I would also avoid the temptation to keep checking it, in the app. Every time you do you could wake it up and increase drain due to the amount of time it then takes to go back to sleep. Not sure about charging to 100% though. Probably 98 is enough.

Reactions: Gasman23
Thanks for that guys, I’ll check it overnight here, then again just before we leave next summer, and that’ll give me an idea, with a quick screenshot on my phone, hopefully the car park will he some sort of charger as well,
what are your thoughts on charging on a normal 240v socket at home please ?

what are your thoughts on charging on a normal 240v socket at home please ?

It will work fine - but slooow...about 7 miles per hour.

If you don't want to go the whole hog to a wall charger, you might consider a 32amp socket. That should give you about 26 miles per hour.

Apologies if you know this already but with an ev, you don't need to charge it to 100% every day - in fact, you shouldn't for daily driving. I start my day at 80%, finish at 60% and it takes 2hrs 10 mins on overnight rates to charge back up to 80% on my 32A power supply.

Please note - the times and range vary with the weather. Colder weather means less range.

Reactions: Beady3647

If you don't want to go the whole hog to a wall charger, you might consider a 32amp socket. That should give you about 26 miles per hour.

Apologies if you know this already but with an ev, you don't need to charge it to 100% every day - in fact, you shouldn't for daily driving. I start my day at 80%, finish at 60% and it takes 2hrs 10 mins on overnight rates to charge back up to 80% on my 32A power supply.

Please note - the times and range vary with the weather. Colder weather means less range.

thanks for that, good points, I’ll try what I have currently and see how It goes, and remember about 32amp socket, will that need a transformer or anything fitted ?

@david1701
I keep the 'spare' faraday pouch in the car so that I always have one available that I can use as a precaution in crowded (or less savoury) areas. Maybe I'm a bit paranoid:rolleyes:. I always have pin to drive activated as well.

No, not paranoid, just really careful, good idea really, in fact, I may get another Faraday Pouch just to keep in the car, Tesla’s are in demand and are expensive, I’ve just bought a Model S long range, get it Saturday, salesman said he sold two to one man the other day, I’ll probably be coming back here with a lot of “how do you do this ?” lol.

got my MSLR a couple of days now, WOW ! What a difference ! Left it on charge overnight on a 240v socket overnight, got 5-6 miles per hour on charge, but that was plugged into a very long extension lead totally uncoiled to cool the cable, it was getting warm with some of it still coiled, so I’m assuming it loose some juice that way ? Going to try the shortest cable length when I can find a single gang trailing socket that will fit through the letter box and check for any charging improvements ? then I’ll look into getting a home charger installed, grateful for any more recommendedations please ?