Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Tesla Model 3 - broken brackets or issues with rear diffuser / bumper cover / undercarriage tray falling off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2020 Model 3 with less than 5K miles on it. I was notified while I was on the freeway that my rear diffuser / undercarriage tray / bumper cover (seems to be a lot of different names for this part) was dragging. I brought it in to the SC and got these pictures where the brackets in the middle broke and the ones in the side are pulling off. Has anyone else experienced or seen this? Does it look like a manufacturing issue?

Attachments

• image012.png
    image012.png
    250.8 KB · Views: 963
  • image010.jpg
    image010.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 217
  • image009.jpg
    image009.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 221
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 199
You are lucky. My entire rear end fell off going through a puddle this week. Those very same brackets just popped right off.

Tesla had admitted to a design flaw causing rear bumpers to fall off in puddles:

(See: Tesla admits design flaw led to vehicle rear bumper falling off when driving in puddles of water - Electrek)

However, they say that they fixed it in late 2019 vehicles.

... and yet, I am still completely without a rear bumper. I am arguing with Tesla about it, now.

Do make sure that they fix it right. Your bracket is probably what mine looked like before they snapped off, entirely.

(moderator note: removed cellphone number. If you want to share that, I suggest PM ing the person. If you really ment to share your phone number publicly here in the body of a post, as a new member (something I dont particularly recommend), then you can re post it and I wont remove it again)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0