Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.36.8.9 Factory Reset My Car Only Worse!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need some help. My plaid updated to 2021.36.8.10 and afterwards, my car is as it has been factory reset but worse.

All of my settings are gone and I can’t even access the free Tesla slacker streaming account, and there’s a message on the screen saying I need to connect the car to wifi to update some Nav bullshit before I can navigate. I did the scroll wheel reboot like 3 times.

I’m so pissed, is there anything else I can try to restore??

Last edited:
Yep, I figured this would be the case. :(
Yep. Same thing happened to me. Car just completely behaved like it reset. Assuming it’s 100% like my car misbehaved, you can’t add or remove phone keys, can’t connect to the car remotely, all user profiles were removed etc.

Bloody nuisance, I know. Tesla will fix it for you. Requires hooking in their computer to your car physically.

Yep. Same thing happened to me. Car just completely behaved like it reset. Assuming it’s 100% like my car misbehaved, you can’t add or remove phone keys, can’t connect to the car remotely, all user profiles were removed etc.

Bloody nuisance, I know. Tesla will fix it for you. Requires hooking in their computer to your car physically.
Yep, exactly. I made the service appointment when it happened but my appointment isn't until Jan 4th. Oh well....

Reactions: WilliamG

When they plugged into your car to resolve did it wipe out the settings again?