Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024.3.10 (FSD 12.3.3) Broke my 22MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have anything similar after update?

Got 2024.3.10 today (upgrade from 2024.3.6) FSD 12.3.3. Took a 30 min drive (mix of surface streets and interstate)that was perfect for about 25 min. Except for no turn signals on 4 roundabouts and when merging on interstate, it was stunning. After about 25 min, got a lost connectivity message, then the car rebooted. No biggy. It came back alive and finished the drive. Five hours later we started home on FSD and the car rebooted. Came back. Rinse, repeat 10 times on the drive home. Yes, 10 times. I stopped and rebooted manually twice after about 4 uncommanded reboots. Got message that the seats needed recalibration. But car wouldn’t recalibrate. Had no turn signals or speedometer after the many reboots. Used a speedometer app on my phone and pretended I was in a BMW for rest of the drive.

Once home and on WIFI, car gave a message that a “recalibration” was pending. So I left car to let it power down and recalibrate, whatever that means. I’ll update here as required.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
Update: It’s broke. After sitting in the driveway for 30 min, I tried again. It’s just reboot after reboot. Drove about 10 feet, reboot, stopped, would not go into gear. Several reboots and it finally lit up. Got brave, drove about a mile on FSD and it was perfect. About 2 blocks from home apple music dies, visualization dies, no turn signals. Back in the drive, no back up camera. It reboots again.

Time for a service call. It might be a coincidence that it did this 20 min after 2034.3.10. I paid for a month of FSD last year and a fender camera died before I left the driveway. Maybe my car hates FSD. Who knows.

Perhaps you already tried, but are you able to turn off all sentry mode and other activities that would wake the car (don’t check your Tesla app) so that it goes into deep sleep after 20 mins or so? If it doesn’t reboot in you while trying, you can also try the “change tire size and then change tire size back again” trick. Or the car safety security menu and power off button for a few mins? Otherwise try that service mode reinstall above.

Update: It’s broke. After sitting in the driveway for 30 min, I tried again. It’s just reboot after reboot. Drove about 10 feet, reboot, stopped, would not go into gear. Several reboots and it finally lit up. Got brave, drove about a mile on FSD and it was perfect. About 2 blocks from home apple music dies, visualization dies, no turn signals. Back in the drive, no back up camera. It reboots again.

Time for a service call. It might be a coincidence that it did this 20 min after 2034.3.10. I paid for a month of FSD last year and a fender camera died before I left the driveway. Maybe my car hates FSD. Who knows.
Open a Service Ticket.

If the car worked before the update but constantly restarts itself after installing the update, it would be fair to blame the update for the issues
Not really.

And there is Tesla precedence. There's something about the main camera box behind the rearview mirror that became problematic for some cars a few years back. Before an update, no one had the issue, after the update, some had the issue. It ended up being some sort of wiring issue that the new software effectively uncovered. I believe Tesla fixed them all, mainly because I think that all these vehicles were still in warranty period.

The problem was not the update, it was on the vehicle.

If you find a cross-threaded bolt after the warranty period, who's responsible.

I didn’t re

I didn’t realize that you could do that. I’ve always had the service center push the update again if I was having problems. Can you walk through what you do in the service menu to get the reinstall?
I can do better than that. This TeslaTap article tells you everything you need to know about Service Mode: Service Mode – TeslaTap

If the car worked before the update but constantly restarts itself after installing the update, it would be fair to blame the update for the issues
People have issues with their cars frequently. People get updates frequently.

It's likely that some unrelated problems will happen right after an update.

A doc was about to give a kid a shot. While she was in the other room preparing the injection, the kid had a seizure.

If the seizure had happened seconds after the shot, do you think the doc could have convinced that parents it was a coincidence?

UPDATE:
Tesla had the car for 3 days and determined the computer had entered a continuous reboot cycle. The fix was a new computer. Works fine now. The camera calibration for regular AP took just a few miles. The calibration for FSD took far longer. Just short of 50 miles. Ultimately it’s fine.

My loaner car was a Hardware 4 MY with 12.3.3 FSD was excellent on that car too. There is a difference in Autopark/summons between hardware 3 &4. It is far better on the 4 car. On a HD3 car, it’s probably not worth using. At least for me.

Last edited: