Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.40.5.1 For refreshed Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
windshield is heated, in wiper rest area.

Have you tried that for sure? The newer windshields do not have the wires in them like, say my Rover did a couple years ago. There are no wires or markings for just the wipers' area as I have seen on windshields with that feature.

It still could be a full windshield with the heat portion laminated in the middle. Not saying I really know either way. In the snowy mess today I tried it and it seemed the whole windshield reacted but that could have also been the cabin air heat. Next frost I will park outside and see what happens.

Reactions: jebinc
Have you tried that for sure? The newer windshields do not have the wires in them like, say my Rover did a couple years ago. There are no wires or markings for just the wipers' area as I have seen on windshields with that feature.

It still could be a full windshield with the heat portion laminated in the middle. Not saying I really know either way. In the snowy mess today I tried it and it seemed the whole windshield reacted but that could have also been the cabin air heat. Next frost I will park outside and see what happens.
@WilliamG had his windshield replaced and posted pictures of the wires and harness coming off of his Plaid’s windshield. So, yes, I’m sure. 🤣

@Hayseed_MS

@WilliamG had his windshield replaced and posted pictures of the wires and harness coming off of his Plaid’s windshield. So, yes, I’m sure. 🤣

@Hayseed_MS

I meant are you sure it is just the rest area and not the entire windshield. I did not see those pics. Will be disappointed if it is just heated wipers and not an actual heated windshield.

Reactions: jebinc
I meant are you sure it is just the rest area and not the entire windshield. I did not see those pics. Will be disappointed if it is just heated wipers and not an actual heated windshield.

It is definitely not a heated windshield in its entirety. It's just the area where the wipers rest. I took a picture of mine when it was replaced for ripple distortion, as @jebinc mentioned.

Attachments

• F0CA78B4-3C1F-47E0-87EB-8147EF45975A_1_105_c.jpeg
    F0CA78B4-3C1F-47E0-87EB-8147EF45975A_1_105_c.jpeg
    231.4 KB · Views: 77