Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After having our MY LR for 5 days now, one that's really different from my MY P is how flimsy the front cameras are on either
side of the car. On my MY P they are a MUCH harder plastic and are very secure on the car. On the MS, they seem to be a really cheap
plastic and seem like they are barely on. in fact I almost took one off the other day when I was drying the car with a cloth. the cloth
caught in the end of the camera and luckily I didn't pull it off. Not impressed.

After having our MY LR for 5 days now, one that's really different from my MY P is how flimsy the front cameras are on either
side of the car. On my MY P they are a MUCH harder plastic and are very secure on the car. On the MS, they seem to be a really cheap
plastic and seem like they are barely on. in fact I almost took one off the other day when I was drying the car with a cloth. the cloth
caught in the end of the camera and luckily I didn't pull it off. Not impressed.
Same. PoS, for the premium car in the brand.

Really confused now.

Do you have a Model Y Long Range and Model Y Performance? Or a Model S Long Range and Model Y Performance (per your sig)? You keep saying "MY LR" in a Model S forum, yet "MY" designates Model Y typically speaking. For example, how you used it for "MY P" meaning (what I assume) is a Model Y Performance.

Searched, but couldn't find a "wake" issue here. Several times now, Our Sept 2nd delivered refresh Model S LR, the screens sporadically don't wake up when we get in. Has happened to both drivers, maybe two or three times in the last week. The car unlocked and doors handles presented, But once in car, the screens aren't on. Both have our iPhone key enabled, both also carry fobs. Once the front screen wasn't on, but the horizontal screen was, most times neither screen. Really hard to drive with no screens, and no way to reverse or go forward? After 2-3 minutes it wakes up (just before we are about to try a reboot). And yes have rebooted, later, after the drive. Anyone else reporting this?

Reactions: impastu
Really confused now.

Do you have a Model Y Long Range and Model Y Performance? Or a Model S Long Range and Model Y Performance (per your sig)? You keep saying "MY LR" in a Model S forum, yet "MY" designates Model Y typically speaking. For example, how you used it for "MY P" meaning (what I assume) is a Model Y Performance.

Ugh. Sorry - rough weekend!

I have a MY P and a MS LR!!!!! :)

Searched, but couldn't find a "wake" issue here. Several times now, Our Sept 2nd delivered refresh Model S LR, the screens sporadically don't wake up when we get in. Has happened to both drivers, maybe two or three times in the last week. The car unlocked and doors handles presented, But once in car, the screens aren't on. Both have our iPhone key enabled, both also carry fobs. Once the front screen wasn't on, but the horizontal screen was, most times neither screen. Really hard to drive with no screens, and no way to reverse or go forward? After 2-3 minutes it wakes up (just before we are about to try a reboot). And yes have rebooted, later, after the drive. Anyone else reporting this?
My Model 3 Performance has done this randomly since we got it two years ago.

It doesn't happen very frequently, but occasionally it does take it longer to wake up than normal.

My Model 3 Performance has done this randomly since we got it two years ago.

It doesn't happen very frequently, but occasionally it does take it longer to wake up than normal.
Do you have ‘Range Extender’ mode or something to that affect enabled? This or another option increases lag time for connections. Don’t have either of our Teslas to check. :)

Do you have ‘Range Extender’ mode or something to that affect enabled? This or another option increases lag time for connections. Don’t have either of our Teslas to check. :)
I can't remember exactly what it's called, but I do have the options that can effect wake time set to where they *can* effect wake time. One of them has to do with listening for Summon, don't remember the other one. But yes, those two things could be the cause, for sure.

It only happens when the car is at home in the garage. I have sentry enabled for everywhere except home, and when sentry is active, the car *always* wakes immediately... as it should. :)

Reactions: jebinc and impastu
A little off topic but. I am taking my first long trip in my S LR. I don’t drive far most
Days and have only used my wall charger each night. This is my first EV. Are
There any specific adapters I should purchase for charging while on the road if no Tesla Superchargers are
Available?

A little off topic but. I am taking my first long trip in my S LR. I don’t drive far most
Days and have only used my wall charger each night. This is my first EV. Are
There any specific adapters I should purchase for charging while on the road if no Tesla Superchargers are
Available?
Depending on where you are going, the Supercharger network and the J1772 adapter might be all you need. We owned all the adapters years ago but ended up selling most of them since our destinations had sufficient Supercharger or public charging. I kept the 6-50 for when I visit my brother's place out in the country. We also still have the 14-50 (which used to come with cars), the 5-15 and 5-20. The 5-20 works in many garages and is slightly faster than the standard 5-15 adapter.

Only the standard 120V US outlet (trickle charge). You would need to purchase a 240V separately. Think they are $35 to $45 dollars. Some service centers have them in-stock as well.
Cwanja
I went to purchase the J-1772 and the description of it says
“This product comes standard with purchase of any Tesla vehicle.”