Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So does the new MS LR/Plaid have active noise canceling in it yet? I'm on 2021.32.22 and don't see any options for it....
Allegedly some of the underlying code is there. But it is not activated yet, at least per any release notes. The setting should eventually show up here Audio Settings > Options > Active Road Noise Reduction per the manual.

Anybody notice that on the refreshed S the Tesla app notifications are not working for home charging start, stop etc... as car is not waking to allow the notification. Even though notifications are turned on, every morning I see no notifications for charging-but instead see car last seen 10-12 hours earlier. Of course after starting app car location, etc.. becomes current. Full notification permission granted in iOS as well as allowing location services "always" or Tesla.

Reactions: impastu
Anybody notice that on the refreshed S the Tesla app notifications are not working for home charging start, stop etc... as car is not waking to allow the notification. Even though notifications are turned on, every morning I see no notifications for charging-but instead see car last seen 10-12 hours earlier. Of course after starting app car location, etc.. becomes current. Full notification permission granted in iOS as well as allowing location services "always" or Tesla.
I've gotton charging start, but not finished notifications.

Reactions: impastu
This was always flaky on our ‘17 S and X.

What drives me nuts is if you click on Tesla app notifications in iOS it just launches it with no detail and then the notification itself disappears.

Update failure list since delivery... Red are still pending...

• Hood out of alignment. (Fixed this myself)
  • Rubber seal hanging down behind front grill (Still dealing with this!!! Part on Order, I may just rip it out since it interferes with the closing of the cooling flaps inside the front grill.)
  • All safety features disabled and cannot reset to get rid of the warnings. (Fixed with alignment issue at SC)
  • Front end is out of alignment and car pulls to the left. (Fixed at SC)
  • Right passenger window seal not installed properly (Fixed this myself).
  • Yoke rubber cover coming loose on corner. (Yoke replaced at SC)
  • Yoke airbag cover has weird worm line going through it. (New yoke has this also. This was explained to me as a break point for the air bag to deploy)
  • Key card looks like it was melted and needs replaced. (Replaced at SC)
  • Rear license plate frame dented and bent. (Still an issue!)
  • NEW! small tear in passenger side door panel (Part on order for 2 months now!)
  • Side window seals not installed properly (Fixed it myself)
  • Paint chipping on rear quarter panels from front tires throwing rocks. (PPF and mud flaps installed early to prevent this issue)
  • NEW! screens do not boot up for several seconds after sitting in car to drive. (No action yet. Tried rebooting.)
  • Sirius XM tested and sound quality seriously sucks. (Cancelled free subscription.)
  • More to come!

Update failure list since delivery... Red are still pending...

• Hood out of alignment. (Fixed this myself)
  • Rubber seal hanging down behind front grill (Still dealing with this!!! Part on Order, I may just rip it out since it interferes with the closing of the cooling flaps inside the front grill.)
  • All safety features disabled and cannot reset to get rid of the warnings. (Fixed with alignment issue at SC)
  • Front end is out of alignment and car pulls to the left. (Fixed at SC)
  • Right passenger window seal not installed properly (Fixed this myself).
  • Yoke rubber cover coming loose on corner. (Yoke replaced at SC)
  • Yoke airbag cover has weird worm line going through it. (New yoke has this also. This was explained to me as a break point for the air bag to deploy)
  • Key card looks like it was melted and needs replaced. (Replaced at SC)
  • Rear license plate frame dented and bent. (Still an issue!)
  • NEW! small tear in passenger side door panel (Part on order for 2 months now!)
  • Side window seals not installed properly (Fixed it myself)
  • Paint chipping on rear quarter panels from front tires throwing rocks. (PPF and mud flaps installed early to prevent this issue)
  • NEW! screens do not boot up for several seconds after sitting in car to drive. (No action yet. Tried rebooting.)
  • Sirius XM tested and sound quality seriously sucks. (Cancelled free subscription.)
  • More to come!
Wow

Reactions: impastu and Tigers