Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, wanted to give a friend a test drive and put it in drag strip mode. I actually don't put it in drag strip mode very often and it's been weeks since I have.
Today after it was ready, I got
"Rear left motor power may be limited - ok to drive - Schedule Service"

Well, add this to my list of issues to have checked out.View attachment 724842
Tested putting it in Drag Strip Mode again and now getting the error on the Right Rear. 😫

Attachments

• IMG_20211025_150413.jpg
    IMG_20211025_150413.jpg
    857.3 KB · Views: 126
  • Informative
Reactions: jebinc and impastu
Is this after the other side was repaired??
No, I haven't taken it in yet.

I have a mobile Tech coming in less than a week for a separate issue and if I add any new issues to the appointment, it will reschedule me to a later date at a SC.
So, I will schedule a new one after that.
I suppose this can allow the list of issues to grow and get them done all at once.
Last night I noticed condensation in the tail lights.
Need to check if others get this fixed or we have to just live with it.

Attachments

• IMG_20211025_220021.jpg
    IMG_20211025_220021.jpg
    677 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20211025_220033.jpg
    IMG_20211025_220033.jpg
    649.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20211025_220153.jpg
    IMG_20211025_220153.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20211025_220203.jpg
    IMG_20211025_220203.jpg
    456.8 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: impastu
No, I haven't taken it in yet.

I have a mobile Tech coming in less than a week for a separate issue and if I add any new issues to the appointment, it will reschedule me to a later date at a SC.
So, I will schedule a new one after that.
I suppose this can allow the list of issues to grow and get them done all at once.
Last night I noticed condensation in the tail lights.
Need to check if others get this fixed or we have to just live with it.
I see that in our X occasionally. Goes away quickly and is quite intermittent depending on temp changes and humidity so I never addressed.

Reactions: GroovaEV and cwanja
Has anyone experienced an issue where almost every time you do a slow hard(turn yoke fully) turn in reverse it feels and hear a clunk(like you ran over a decent sized rock) once?

I dread making another service appointment, but this seems like something I better get checked out soon.
Researching if it's an issue others have had so I help point the SC in the right direction...
I'm pretty sure I was just paranoid that there was a problem and this is just the tires slipping.
It will probably be 5 months until we get a dry day without rain, so it's not like I'll be able to test it on a drive surface anytime soon. Lol

It definitely slips easily on wet roads when you are doing hard (fully turned) slow turns.

• Helpful
Reactions: impastu and jebinc
I have a mobile appointment on November 2nd, to replace the vertical passenger door/fender/mirror/frame interface. When they were here two weeks back, to replace my jammed door handle, the tech asked, “Do you have any wind or road noise intrusion in this door?” I said, “Yes, I thought I had an issue with that as soon as I drove it off the lot, but have gotten used to it..”. The tech, replied that my main seal was installed incorrectly and needs to wrap around from the inside to under the mirror frame on the outside. Replacement will involve mirror and passenger door trim removal. Looking forward to hearing the difference!
@WilliamG

When I put my car into reverse at slow speeds and I am turning the wheel, it feels like it is driving over large rocks. Best way I can explain it. Is this normal or should it be taken in for service?
I've heard others comment that this is normal particularly on wet roads with the summer tires. I believe its related to a tight differential with steep turning angles and becomes more pronounced at low / crawl speed.

I have a mobile appointment on November 2nd, to replace the vertical passenger door/fender/mirror/frame interface. When they were here two weeks back, to replace my jammed door handle, the tech asked, “Do you have any wind or road noise intrusion in this door?” I said, “Yes, I thought I had an issue with that as soon as I drove it off the lot, but have gotten used to it..”. The tech, replied that my main seal was installed incorrectly and needs to wrap around from the inside to under the mirror frame on the outside. Replacement will involve mirror and passenger door trim removal. Looking forward to hearing the difference!
@WilliamG

Just heard back from the SC, re my intermittent drive train vibration issue. Today, I noticed it was more pronounced than before. Perhaps temperature related? Hopefully, it repeats during the techs test drive on 11/2. SC says, "this is not a known issue"....

"We are showing that you have an upcoming Mobile appointment with Renton on November 2nd, the vibration concern is included in the list of concerns they will address. To our knowledge this is not a known issue, but we are happy to have this inspected." - SC

More to come...

When I put my car into reverse at slow speeds and I am turning the wheel, it feels like it is driving over large rocks. Best way I can explain it. Is this normal or should it be taken in for service?
As another has said. Are you sure it's just not slipping on the road?
I have the same thing, but after driving on wet roads and hard banking slow turns it will continuously slip...a lot.
I was paranoid at first thinking it was mechanical....

Reactions: impastu