Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How upset would folks be if my late October 2021 reservation suddenly got a VIN and delivery date assigned? :p
I'd ask what your VIN is. You could have got a car that was dropped by a customer instead of a "new" build (by a few weeks, or realistically a few months if you had to wait). However, it would be surprising that there is no reservations before you that could have been assigned to.

I will repeat that there is no reason for Tesla to ship a car across the country to another reservations just because it is earlier. Makes absolutely no financial sense to do it.

Reactions: Pdubs and Vinny860
Sitting here patiently twiddling my thumbs as i wait for the first 2022 VIN. Would be EFFING hilarious if i'm the first 2022 VIN in here. I'm not that lucky haha. What's probably gonna happen is that i get assigned and someone else gets the first 2022 at the same time...

This is just silly to me. In the big picture a 22 vin is nearly worthless. To each their own though. I hope more and more people skip. I will gladly take a ‘21 or ‘22 VIN. I want the car I’ve been waiting months for and when I ordered I expected a ‘21 so I’m cool with it.
I agree 100%, but maybe that's because I've waited over 10 months for MSLR, blue, white seats, 19" wheels. I'm leasing for 3 years and hoping within 36 months they will offer a MS with 4680's. EDD is 11/17 to 11/23.

Congrats on the VIN. I suppose for some the pre-price hike orders somewhat smooths out the volatile emotions….. sugar. Just pure Tesla sugar. 😂😂

Please tell us that you are accidently in this thread when you ordered a Plaid? Please? :D

I don't actually have a VIN, and don't expect one for a while. But it would certainly make folks crazy here haha.

If trends are any indication, that two week window is your final one. And you would expect a VIN five to seven days in advance of it. At which time the window will shrink to about a week within that two week window.

Example:
My EDD range was 11/12 to 11/26 since 10/30.
VIN received 11/5; car was built 11/4
EDD range went to 11/17 to 11/26 same day as VIN
SA says my car should be in Houston between 11/11 and 11/19 - so the delivery date could be earlier than the one week range, but do not bank on it. I am expecting to pickup the car 11/19, 11/20 or 11/21. If it happens to come 11/11 and can be picked up 11/12 or 11/13 - good for me. It is going to sit in my garage until PPF and tint appointment anyways, so I am in no rush to start monthly car payments and pay for insurance.
If you’re right, I should be getting a vin forthright. I’ve been at 11/11-11/25 for over a month.

Sure hope you’re right.

Reactions: EVTag and cwanja
From being on the forum since early February, I think it is really hit or miss on either side of the border. Mine is in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada and I have found them to be responsive even during the long months of creating false hopes until I realized that they knew nothing like the rest of us.

To be a bit more transparent and a longer story, I was told my car was arriving over a week after it actually was.

I dropped into the SC on a day off and a young and enthusiastic employee blurted out that my car was coming in the next day and how excited they were........ Not being my first rodeo and the person that paid $ 145k for it, I jumped on that until they disclosed it was in fact coming in the next day but 'they had orders from HQ that there could be no deliveries for two weeks'. I think they were trying to do a coordinated Canada wide delivery event for the PR and I expressed how that was exciting for Tesla but very customer unfriendly.

I pressed and got nowhere so I reached out to a Tesla Executive on LinkedIN who was extremely responsive and helpful (and appreciative of the irony of the delivery happening during my first business trip in almost two years) and the next day the Manager of the SC called me and said he got a call while on a day off on the golf course from the Executive instructing him to make the delivery happen before I left. That person also confirmed there was no way the car would be given to someone else.

I got the car three days later 👍 Leading up to delivery and post delivery I have found them excellent.
Canadians are always so nice!

• Funny
Reactions: Proppilot
Just finished exchanging emails with my SA in Las Vegas. I had sent him an email after my EDD slipped to 12/10 - 12/31. He said "I am looking into it for you and see if we have a better estimate on the delivery timeline and date". Five minutes later he came back: "All I am currently showing is VIN early December, delivery Mid December, but that is the only information I am given."

RN 11533, Order date 07/17/21, MS LR, MSM, Blk, 19", No FSD.

We'll see what happens!

Reactions: EVTag
I guess it just depends how long you intend to keep the car. This close to the 2022 model year (assuming it happens 12/1 or already happened 11/1, not really sure?), and considering I will probably sell my model S for my cybertruck toward the end of next year, it makes sense for me to wait potentially a few weeks for a few thousand dollars difference in value. Idk though if they offer me a MF vin delivered by 12/3 I will probably still take it because I want the car for a road trip.
says the person that ordered in June lol

I have a friend with the new long range and he tells me its a 300 mile car and he has the 19’s. He has had 3 other model S cars and says take whatever Tesla quotes and multiply by .75. Most of his driving is at 75 on the freeway.
I got 240 miles out of my 2017 MS75D under "normal conditions". This new S is way more efficient with a much larger battery. I'll get close to 400 easy. To say this is a "300 mile" range car is just false.