Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got that elusive VIN - MF454. No email or text from Tesla, just logged into my account and there it was. Delivery 11/24-28, so almost exactly 6 months to the day from order. Those of you have waited longer… it’s some bull crap and I’m sorry.

For posterity’s sake / so someone can eventually figure out Tesla’s “algorithm” - I held Nov 3-Dec 1 for all of October. On Nov 3 it flipped to Nov 17-27; on Nov 10, VIN. No 2 week window, no push to February.

If it truly is 300, then that is disappointing and Tesla has a ways to go on range.
There’s a lot of things to consider with this, like driver comfort settings, charging behavior etc. It’s the same for some that can get better mpg in their cars then others with the same model. The figures that Tesla advertise are based off of EPA ratings, so I imagine they are achievable.

Still on VIN watch with my 2 week EDD starting on Monday. Guess that means another 100+ Order Page refreshes today!

It’s either going to be a VIN or a push back to December. So much more anxiety being close to the EDD compared to when it was 1-2 months away.
Right there with you....my 2-week window starts Sunday. We'll see what happens. VIN assignment or 15th EDD push? Only the monkey knows...

Reactions: BruinIvy and EVTag
Finally got that elusive VIN - MF454. No email or text from Tesla, just logged into my account and there it was. Delivery 11/24-28, so almost exactly 6 months to the day from order. Those of you have waited longer… it’s some bull crap and I’m sorry.

For posterity’s sake / so someone can eventually figure out Tesla’s “algorithm” - I held Nov 3-Dec 1 for all of October. On Nov 3 it flipped to Nov 17-27; on Nov 10, VIN. No 2 week window, no push to February.
Congrats. What’s your configuration and can you post your build date if/when you have it? Thx.

pushed back from 9-dec 4th to 23 to 18th. feb 1145 order. Maybe its because I removed FSD so now a pre price hike order with no fsd. There is no rhyme or reason for this. Only thing is prioritizing higher margin cars is not out of the question and not sure why people think its so taboo to say so. There are more july august orders that have been filled then orders last feb and march and its on the spreadsheet so theres the evidence. At this point I hope it gets moved until april as I will not be able to accept it until then unless it comes dec 1st.

A true debacle. There are people here ordering and getting their orders who've waited 4 months and then turning it down because they want a 22 vin. My god tesla do something to get people the cars. I would love to have my order be filled and at this point you could give me a pre refresh s just throw a yoke on there. Tesla will have taken 1 year plus to deliver a car they have shown that they can deliver to people in less time. Its not the 19s its not east coast its not an order that isn't finished, its not the black paint nor the cream interior. It's the fact it was ordered pre price hikes. With no delivery by the 1st of december it will take tesla over 1 yr 4 months to deliver. Unacceptable

Seems to be some correlation between EDD narrowing to 10 days and VIN to follow?? That also just happened to my M3P, i.e. narrowing and then VIN.

pushed back from 9-dec 4th to 23 to 18th. feb 1145 order. Maybe its because I removed FSD so now a pre price hike order with no fsd. There is no rhyme or reason for this. Only thing is prioritizing higher margin cars is not out of the question and not sure why people think its so taboo to say so. There are more july august orders that have been filled then orders last feb and march and its on the spreadsheet so theres the evidence. At this point I hope it gets moved until april as I will not be able to accept it until then unless it comes dec 1st.

A true debacle. There are people here ordering and getting their orders who've waited 4 months and then turning it down because they want a 22 vin. My god tesla do something to get people the cars. I would love to have my order be filled and at this point you could give me a pre refresh s just throw a yoke on there. Tesla will have taken 1 year plus to deliver a car they have shown that they can deliver to people in less time. Its not the 19s its not east coast its not an order that isn't finished, its not the black paint nor the cream interior. It's the fact it was ordered pre price hikes. With no delivery by the 1st of december it will take tesla over 1 yr 4 months to deliver. Unacceptable
I would agree with you that it appears that Tesla is prioritizing higher margin cars. But if you just look at how many Model S's they're producing and assuming so many at the old price versus the new, the amount they're making gets lost in the overall revenue numbers. After many years in Manufacturing, I can tell you there are so many variables here that can impact deliveries. For example, how many paint lines are they running? Various part shortages? It could be as simple as I've got one spot left on a transport truck going to the East Coast and I've got a MSLR Blk/Blk ready to go, so let's ship it. This is really a classic scheduling algorithm problem. I just wish Tesla would be more transparent on what their problems are. Until someone on the inside is willing to share some insight, it's really just a guess at this point. Wall Street only seems to care about revenue/earnings and number of units shipped over the previous quarter. If the incremental revenue gets lost in their overall number, then it may be come down to the number of units shipped (and not who gets them)!

Lets go Elon!

• Disagree
Reactions: tbaud and MaxPain

I would agree with you that it appears that Tesla is prioritizing higher margin cars. But if you just look at how many Model S's they're producing and assuming so many at the old price versus the new, the amount they're making gets lost in the overall revenue numbers. After many years in Manufacturing, I can tell you there are so many variables here that can impact deliveries. For example, how many paint lines are they running? Various part shortages? It could be as simple as I've got one spot left on a transport truck going to the East Coast and I've got a MSLR Blk/Blk ready to go, so let's ship it. This is really a classic scheduling algorithm problem. I just wish Tesla would be more transparent on what their problems are. Until someone on the inside is willing to share some insight, it's really just a guess at this point. Wall Street only seems to care about revenue/earnings and number of units shipped over the previous quarter. If the incremental revenue gets lost in their overall number, then it may be come down to the number of units shipped (and not who gets them)!
Hi! 👋🏼 Not a higher priced car nor a higher margin car (e.g. Plaid). Got a VIN.

Know of about four or five other users that are in similar situations. All got VINs. Also know Plaid orders from January that do not have VINs. Why would they not have a VIN if your case is true?

Is Tesla going out of order to deliver cars? Yes. Should that surprise anyone? No. Are they prioritizing post-price hike cars? No. That is a theory we have proven wrong over and over again.

Edit: sorry @BruinIvy your quote got caught up in the reply.

Has anyone been offered a MSLR that does not exactly match their order? I would gladly take a car that is a different color, or one that has different wheels if it saves me 3-4 months of waiting? This is one thing I do not understand about the logistics. Tesla offers a car to someone who just ordered because it matches their build rather than offering it to someone who has been waiting 8 months.

RN1147 OD 4/4/21 MSM/blk/21/ no FSD. EDD 1/30/22 - 2/8/22

Has anyone been offered a MSLR that does not exactly match their order? I would gladly take a car that is a different color, or one that has different wheels if it saves me 3-4 months of waiting? This is one thing I do not understand about the logistics. Tesla offers a car to someone who just ordered because it matches their build rather than offering it to someone who has been waiting 8 months.

RN1147 OD 4/4/21 MSM/blk/21/ no FSD. EDD 1/30/22 - 2/8/22
Yes, just give your SA the specs on what you would take. They can then look for a match if one becomes available due to sale falling through for some reason (financing, out of town). You would then be contacted to see if you’re interested. (Assuming you have a SA…).

Reactions: Pdubs and cwanja