Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys just called my SA and he said to expect my VIN number first week of Feb!! Can't wait, I've been slowly collecting accessories and they're all stacked up in the garage waiting on the car
While I really hope your VIN is assigned when the SA says it will, there are plenty ( I'll say 'most' ) of us who have been given so much incorrect information from SAs that we've learned to be skeptical. In other words, don't expect to get a VIN when your SA says you will. And certainly don't take any action that you might regret, like selling a car, until you get your VIN. And some of us ( me included ) have received VINs and had them disappear the next day. I really hope you get your VIN soon, but be wary of information provided by an SA. Sometimes, it is trustworthy, and sometimes, not so much.

Best of luck to you.

Hey guys just called my SA and he said to expect my VIN number first week of Feb!! Can't wait, I've been slowly collecting accessories and they're all stacked up in the garage waiting on the car
Lmao, my accessory pile is building up also. Got the floor mats, trunk liner, door edge protectors, cup holder insert, mud flaps, sun roof screen, wheels caps, pucks, and SSD storage for sentry.

I learned to wait until I had the car in hand. I pre-ordered some stuff for our Y and it didn't really work out. By the time I actually got the car with all the delays, it was past the return window for the accessories. I bought some things based on other people's feedback and some based on my previous experience with their products for another vehicle. A fair amount didn't work out the way I thought.

Not to mention sometimes better products come out the longer the car is in production. This time I am waiting to order while the car is getting PPF'd and tinted. That gives me about a week to order and get it all delivered.

I learned to wait until I had the car in hand. I pre-ordered some stuff for our Y and it didn't really work out. By the time I actually got the car with all the delays, it was past the return window for the accessories. I bought some things based on other people's feedback and some based on my previous experience with their products for another vehicle. A fair amount didn't work out the way I thought.

Not to mention sometimes better products come out the longer the car is in production. This time I am waiting to order while the car is getting PPF'd and tinted. That gives me about a week to order and get it all delivered.
I’ve got the same build as you and ordered similar.
I too am waiting to get the wall charger but that backfired so far as it’s gone up in cost since June
I did buy the adapter kit 3 months ago so there’s that.
I just got bumped again this Morning from 1/31-2/14 to 2/1-2/25
….patiently waiting…
I will pay pre-price-hike price and I will get this car!

In other words you like the car sufficiently enough to buy one when you could easily have bought any other including other EVs. Hate the software so much that you just had to tell us about your 40 years experience in the field. Honestly I can't quite get your message and I'm definitely not dumb.
Here’s the issue. I had a 2018 Model S and was very pleased with it. Enough to decide to get a refreshed version. The years of experience gives me the ability to understand Tesla’s software and how it could be much better than what it is. I get frustrated when I see a good product that could be great if they would put the effort into it. For example, look at all the complaints about the new User Interface. Was there any focus group testing? Look at other bugs that have been reported. Is there any sort of regression testing going on before the software is released? Based on what I see, I would guess the testing is just good enough so there aren’t major problems. Could be a lot better!

Reactions: chrisdh79
Theirs another guy who posted here who's also in Houston and his SA said the same exact thing to expect it by first week of February. I'm also in Houston July order so I contacted my SA about it and she said "If there are no delays it seems that you would have a VIN assigned during the first two weeks in FEB." It looks like batch of model s are coming to Houston on February for delivery. I hope this is true.

I currently have a 1TB SSD in my non-Tesla car for media. Is it possible to use that single drive for both music and Tesla Sentry/Dashcam footage?
This. Mainly just wanted more storage and the read/write is better than what's included with the Tesla stick. Though I've read that heat can be an issue for SSD's sitting in the glove box. Guess we'll see this summer when I'll finally have mine. (God willing!)