Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my MS LR red/black, 19, no FSD order #1157 October 7 2021. have a EDD of April 8 to May 6. Called today just to see if I could get any additional information. Was told my order has expected build day of April 14 with a delivery of April 17 to St. Louis.
Of course I take this with a grain of salt since I have no VIN. Still hopeful to see my car this month.
Anyone in the St. Louis area getting their Model S in the last couple months?

I ordered my MS LR red/black, 19, no FSD order #1157 October 7 2021. have a EDD of April 8 to May 6. Called today just to see if I could get any additional information. Was told my order has expected build day of April 14 with a delivery of April 17 to St. Louis.
Of course I take this with a grain of salt since I have no VIN. Still hopeful to see my car this month.
Anyone in the St. Louis area getting their Model S in the last couple months?
What number did you call

Took the delivery of my car last night. RN1153, original order was white exterior, cream interior with 19 inch wheel, but I called them and the sale advisor said they have a similar build with exception of 21 inch wheel and I accepted that. It took a few days to ship from the factory to SOCAL. It came with missing floor mats and parcel covers. Trunk door needs alignment and there are some paint issues. Interior is pretty good. Ride is firm in my opinion, even on the comfort setting. Cabin is not as quiet as my audi e-tron, but it's not too bad either. Lack of surround view camera for parking is annoying. Also, I wish it had cross traffic alert.
On the plus side, software is amazing, way ahead of any competition. Range and efficiency are phenomenal especially compared to audi. Yoke is really nice. Car is insanely fast.

IMG_7929.jpg

So were you able to pick up?
My brother ended up picking up this afternoon as I’m out of town till Monday. He said a few misalignments with rear right taillight and door weather stripping, swirls on black paint on lower part of hood, top glass misalignment, and windshield wipers not adjusting speed properly (oscillate too slow and doesn’t speed up). I guess overall, that’s not horrible, but will inspect myself once united with her.

Reactions: chrisdh79
Going through the posts here at EOQ solidifies that Tesla only wants to sell units at their current price. Those of us who ordered before the price increases get the scraps to move stock when it's convenient. After reading posts in the "RN1149 and earlier, still waiting group!", my thought process about ordering changed.
My MS LR order from June enters EDD tomorrow. I can say my hopes are muted by what I've read here the last few months.
Since placing a MS Plaid order about three weeks ago, I've been offered two cars in the last two days. One was a match, but I'd have to drive 12 hours, the other was a 2021 MSM/Black with 21's. I texted back the 21's were a deal breaker for me. As was it not being a Refresh/Refresh, but that wasn't in my return text. They called back saying they could work around the 21's. I told them I just wasn't interested in a 2021, even with the $11,000 discount. They hung up on me. I felt better afterwards.
That text came through at 7 O'clock and the call back a half hour later. I guess they got pretty far down the waiting list to offer it to me.
I think my backup plan to order the Plaid will eventually be what comes along first, even though it's Pre-price increase. We'll see. This order process from Tesla will keep me from ordering again in the future if not changed.
I ordered before the price hike early March and am getting my car on Tuesday, so i dont think this is the case.

Reactions: goldenage
I ordered before the price hike early March and am getting my car on Tuesday, so i dont think this is the case.
That's great you're in California and are getting your car. Everyone here is happy for any delivery. It gets us all closer to fulfillment. Keep in mind people have waited over a year to get "priority delivery". The recent price hike was only one of many. Meaning there are still older orders for the exact same configuration that haven't been delivered. I ordered in June, there are still orders from March 2021 unfulfilled. So you kind of make my case.
I hope your delivery goes well. Post photos, we love to see new Tesla's delivered here.

That's great you're in California and are getting your car. Everyone here is happy for any delivery. It gets us all closer to fulfillment. Keep in mind people have waited over a year to get "priority delivery". The recent price hike was only one of many. Meaning there are still older orders for the exact same configuration that haven't been delivered. I ordered in June, there are still orders from March 2021 unfulfilled. So you kind of make my case.
I hope your delivery goes well. Post photos, we love to see new Tesla's delivered here.
This is my 4th delivery from tesla in 5 years. I agree that your location matters and think it is more important than the price as a factor of delivery priority.

Reactions: jdubya3 and DermMD
Just took delivery of my beautiful LR. RN1157 here in LA. Only took a few quick and dirty shots, but it sure looks amazing. I am not a stickler for perfection or anything, but to me it looks pretty great! Can't wait to see everyone else's shots when they take delivery. Was too excited to take too many pictures. I am sure you all can (or soon will be able) to relate.View attachment 781366View attachment 781367
Is my car missing something here? I don’t see through yours. My car has been at the shop since pick up so I can’t verify if something missing right now.

Is it supposed to be see through? Or am I missing a piece that goes in there?

I think the passenger side has a piece there. Now it’s bugging me that I can’t verify

Attachments

• E1F4AE52-5196-45BC-83F5-410A97BB8600.jpeg
    E1F4AE52-5196-45BC-83F5-410A97BB8600.jpeg
    969.4 KB · Views: 92
Is my car missing something here? I don’t see through yours. My car has been at the shop since pick up so I can’t verify if something missing right now.

I think the passenger side has a piece there. Now it’s bugging me that I can’t verify
Looks normal. See the same gap @0:33 in this YouTube comparison video

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 10.32.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 10.32.24 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 102
Reactions: Derrickd5

The photo you attached is not appropriate for the question you ask. I hope that's not your only basis of your quest.

The photo you attached is not appropriate for the question you ask. I hope that's not your only basis of your quest.
What do you mean the photo is not appropriate for the question? I circled the part I think I’m missing something. Is the part I circled supposed to not have anything there as you can see through the bumper area? I’ve attached two pics for reference

My car is at the shop so I cant go verify currently. Have a service appt coming up and if I’m missing something I’d like to add it to the ticket

Attachments

• 7E974543-956F-4B10-A6E4-BBF1B5A161A6.jpeg
    7E974543-956F-4B10-A6E4-BBF1B5A161A6.jpeg
    1,003.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 3269E861-AB78-481B-9243-8A95D5912B9A.jpeg
    3269E861-AB78-481B-9243-8A95D5912B9A.jpeg
    626.8 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
What do you mean the photo is not appropriate for the question? I circled the part I think I’m missing something. Is the part I circled supposed to not have anything there and he see through for the bumper area? I’ve attached two pics for reference
The photographer pointed their camera angled towards the driver side. Not arguing that you're wrong. Just the evidence is not adequate to me

Last edited:
The photographer pointed their camera angled towards the driver side. Not arguing that you're wrong. Just the evidence not adequate to me
Ok that photographer was me. NeverMind dermMD. We are not on the same page as what I’m trying to ask. Thanks anyway though.

I’m still confused what you’re answering. I never said a statement to anything to be wrong in. It’s a question to everyone that currently has their car at the moment and can verify if I am indeed missing a piece or not

Ok that photographer was me. NeverMind dermMD. We are not on the same page as what I’m trying to ask. Thanks anyway though.

I’m still confused what you’re answering. I never said a statement to anything to be wrong in. It’s a question to everyone that currently has their car at the moment and can verify if I am indeed missing a piece or not
Understood. Just for the benefit of others I'll spell this out. If the opening showing in your photo is supposed to be there, it is is also on the passenger side but not showing in the picture because the camera points towards the driver side. The white car is head on and the black lines in that space may just be shadows from the pillars

Reactions: Derrickd5
Understood. Just for the benefit of others I'll spell this out. If the opening showing in your photo is supposed to be there, it is is also on the passenger side but not showing in the picture because the camera points towards the driver side.
Cool. That’s exactly what I was trying to ask, sorry don’t have my car currently to see if the passenger side also had the same opening.

Reactions: DermMD
Sounds like this thread may be for you... ;)