Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know others have it worse but getting pretty damn disheartened that EDD keeps being pushed out, for 8 months at this point. We should all start a support group. #FirstWorldProblems
This is our support group. Most people on this thread are miserably waiting for their VIN. There's a small percentage that have gotten there VIN or delivery. @EndlessPlaid is the rare exception to all of this.

I am a Tesla enthusiast and was wondering if anyone had any tips for this:

I am looking into purchasing a new 2022 Tesla model s LR but just don't know what the best way is to get a good deal.
A few thoughts:
  • A few people have reported Tesla offering a discount on cars that have been sitting for a while and/or have been repaired for major damage. iirc they were only a modest discount only (maybe $5k max?).
  • If you don't have a time machine to order in the past, next best thing would be order now and lock in price before it increases again. Today's price will feel like a good deal if it increases again.
  • May be a long shot, but perhaps you can find someone who wants to get out of their reservation from a lower price. They'll probably be looking to make a pretty profit too though.
  • If you're more patient than most, wait for supply and demand to get back into balance for Tesla to reduce the price or offer incentives. There's a lot of competition coming Tesla's way, though who knows when it's going to gain traction.

Reactions: EV_LIFE
I hope so My EDD still says April 8 to May 6. I have never actually gotten to my EDD range before the EDD was always change a few weeks before.
In St. Louis area. No VIN yet
Seems like Saturday Morning is the day to Move my EDD. This is my 5th EDD change😔, and they have all been on Saturday mornings at 8 am. Now it looks like April 30 to May 21. Month 8 of the waiting game continues. I will not whine too loud; I know there are a good number of people here that have waited much longer.
On the bright side I will get to enjoy my Miata ND for one last Midwestern spring season. ☀️☀️☀️

Last edited:
Hey all,

Been following along for quite some time. RN1156 in early September MSM w/ black interior, 21” arachnids no FSD. Received a VIN this AM; NF476. Hoping for no issues from here on out. Expecting delivery end of this month out in FL. Had at least 6 changes to my EDD since ordered, so for those dealing with this just try not to stress. I decided to ignore the EDDs and just wait patiently for a VIN. Made the whole thing much more tolerable. Keep you all posted moving forward in terms of issues/build quality etc. One big piece of advice… someone here posted to changed payment method to cash instead of loan, this moved my EDD from May-June to April, and within a week received my first context from Tesla then shortly after a text with the VIN. Could be coincidence but seems like it may help “complete” the application.

I ordered mine (Model S LR) in July 2021 - red, black interiors, standard wheels, no FSD. My reservation number is RN11450.... - delivery date changes every week (sometimes twice a week) and has changed 9 times so far. Tesla app now shows April 13 - May 4 (I'm based in Seattle, WA).
That is just unfair. Exact same spec as mine. You sir deserve a Model S before me. If I were a really good guy, I would give up my reservation to you.
Hope we both get ours soon. Will have to influence the Tesla monkey for reservation holders. Maybe he can randomly pick one of us.😂
I have waited this long. I guess I will wait longer.
Maybe they should change the designation from MSLR. to MSLW (Model S Long Wait)

Reactions: Torontom