Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just thought I'd update my journey so far... I ordered 7/5. In Mid September, I had reached out to my SA as my EDD had moved to the end of Sept. He had responded and said that I should be taking delivery mid to end November. Then my EDD changed to 11/25-12/9, so I reached out to him and he had responded that I should have a VIN assignment by the end of the week 11/19. Of course, I didn't see one, and the EDD changed again to 12/9-12/22, So after not seeing a VIN, @ the end of the week, I asked him again and he replied that it was delayed and should see a VIN in the first 2 weeks of December. So, for the last couple of days I had stopped worrying about a VIN. This morning, I was flipping through my app and got to my S and noticed it wasn't loading properly (the order number showed up - but nothing else), so I checked the website and first noticed that my EDD had changed to 12/10-12/14 and then noticed I had a VIN!!!! Still haven't received official notification via text or email but that's okay... Excited!!!!
The moving EDD and other features you experienced were much like mine. So far I can read everything I have been told by SA, texts & emails to be consistent with this sequence:
* I got a short (5 day) EDD window when the car left Fremont on a train to Birmingham, AL. The EDD's earliest date is when the car is scheduled to arrive at my delivery location.

** I got another text & email pair urging me to sent money & pick a delivery date when my car was about mid point betweem Fremont & Birmingham. I actually called Tesla after this communication and was told the car was in the middle of Oklahoma.

My EDD window is November 30th to December 5 still. The second text & email pair listed delivery options from 11:00am December 5th through 7:00pm December 11th. I am waiting until I speak with a human at the Delivery location before scheduling the delivery appointment. I want to be there in daylight, hopefully a sunny day so I can look at things that are harder to fix like paint and really panel gaps. I am very heartened to see multiple reports of people receiving noticeably better quality compared to previous Tesla deliveries. (This will be my 3rd Model S.)

So now that the craziness of delivery day is over, here are a few things I noted:

1. I haven't noticed the worm so I stopped looking
2. There's a smudge on the back seat, but indications are it can be removed. Will try later when it's light out.
3. Frunk liner does stick out a little in the gap on the driver's side when the frunk is closed. Noted so that can be fixed. It's not super noticeable.
4. VERY minor puckering just under the passenger seat headrest. Not sure I even care, but I'll list it since the frunk liner does need correcting.
5. Small bit of adhesive on drivers side rocker. Took it off with the help of some tape left near the front emblem.
6. Clear protective film left on mirrors, back screen, and from piece running length of dash that was tough to get started to remove.
7. Passenger button to open the door is SUPER bright at night, while the driver one is very dim? Is that on purpose? Seemed kind of odd.
8. No missing pieces! All floor mats, trunk privacy cover and both storage covers included!

All super minor stuff, nothing to dampen the thrill of finally taking delivery! The drive is second to none. This one is definitely quieter than my previous ones, and DEFINITELY that Vette I've been driving since June.

I did notice that the doors, frunk and trunk all feel lighter/flimsier than my previous ones. Maybe that was to compensate for the double paned glass and other improvements that added weight? That's what I'm telling myself.

And, I got to meet @DavidSRQ, as we took delivery of our identical twins together!

It still feels like a dream... and I'm taking a road trip in a couple of weeks...I cannot WAIT.

So now that the craziness of delivery day is over, here are a few things I noted:

1. I haven't noticed the worm so I stopped looking
2. There's a smudge on the back seat, but indications are it can be removed. Will try later when it's light out.
3. Frunk liner does stick out a little in the gap on the driver's side when the frunk is closed. Noted so that can be fixed. It's not super noticeable.
4. VERY minor puckering just under the passenger seat headrest. Not sure I even care, but I'll list it since the frunk liner does need correcting.
5. Small bit of adhesive on drivers side rocker. Took it off with the help of some tape left near the front emblem.
6. Clear protective film left on mirrors, back screen, and from piece running length of dash that was tough to get started to remove.
7. Passenger button to open the door is SUPER bright at night, while the driver one is very dim? Is that on purpose? Seemed kind of odd.
8. No missing pieces! All floor mats, trunk privacy cover and both storage covers included!

All super minor stuff, nothing to dampen the thrill of finally taking delivery! The drive is second to none. This one is definitely quieter than my previous ones, and DEFINITELY that Vette I've been driving since June.

I did notice that the doors, frunk and trunk all feel lighter/flimsier than my previous ones. Maybe that was to compensate for the double paned glass and other improvements that added weight? That's what I'm telling myself.

And, I got to meet @DavidSRQ, as we took delivery of our identical twins together!

It still feels like a dream... and I'm taking a road trip in a couple of weeks...I cannot WAIT.
Was great to meet you and glad all is great overall with your car, will be going over mine today again

17BEC150-963A-43B0-80C3-BC3956933C65.jpeg

My EDD just got pushed from Jan-Feb to March-April
After sitting for a month, as a December delivery (for the red/black combo) it has now shifted to Feb/March. The white/white bounces like a ping pong ball.
Exactly what the h&$& happens that after a month of the same date it doesn’t move a week or two but MONTHS. Tesla should pray the supply chain troubles continue. If there was any chance of getting an EQS or Taycan right now I would be gone. The cars are fast yes, decent software yes, but that’s where the advantages stop. The fact that you can still take delivery of a plaid if your willing to fork over $40k more is disgusting. They still have enough chips to produce 100k’s of 3s and Ys indicates they give absolutely no care for their S and X customers.

After sitting for a month, as a December delivery (for the red/black combo) it has now shifted to Feb/March. The white/white bounces like a ping pong ball.
Exactly what the h&$& happens that after a month of the same date it doesn’t move a week or two but MONTHS. Tesla should pray the supply chain troubles continue. If there was any chance of getting an EQS or Taycan right now I would be gone. The cars are fast yes, decent software yes, but that’s where the advantages stop. The fact that you can still take delivery of a plaid if your willing to fork over $40k more is disgusting. They still have enough chips to produce 100k’s of 3s and Ys indicates they give absolutely no care for their S and X customers.
Ya my EDD went from Jan-Feb to Feb-Mar back to Jan-Feb and now to March-April.

• Informative
Reactions: Vinny860
It’s unacceptable for that to even be an issue. $100k car should be good to go.

For 100k, other automakers should be able to make a remotely equivalent EV product. But, they can't or won't in any quantity. See the latest news on Rivian for example.

Tesla does not seem to have much difficulty with delivering GF on schedule. They just care less about car deliveries.

I am personally affronted by how they treat current and future owners however.