Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update on my order: delivery person called and said the car requires nitrogen (anyone know what it requires nitrogen for?) and there is no nitrogen seller open on the weekend… delivery delayed till Tuesday :(
Tires. BMW has been providing it for run/flat tires for a long time. They say it doesn't leak out as fast as common air because the molecules are larger and that is important for run/flats. My 2008 mini was my first example from them. My wife's 2013 535xi also came with run/flats and the dealership always filled with nitrogen.

Costco also uses it for tires. But I wasn't aware that Tesla was using it and not sure if their tires are run/flats.

Sidewalls are thicker on run/flats so they heat up faster when flexed with low tire pressure and that heat can destroy them.

It’s just unacceptable. Whose to say it doesn’t get pushed further out again and again and again… people need to have an accurate expectation of when they will receive an automobile, that already has a deposit down. I sold my truck 2 months ago expecting the car in November.

Just pisses me off and has already turned me off on Tesla. I won’t be recommending them to anyone regardless of how cool the car is or how much media hype they get about their stock price. Don’t bait and switch someone ready to drop $100k. I’ll go buy another rental house now.
Same just happened to me.. Was December delivery date then looked on 11/26 and moved back to mid Jan-mid Feb. :(

That is what it took for me to get a delivery date. They kept telling me the same thing, even the day before my VIN to expect the car in mid/late December. I will say, they can locate your car and if it’s close (within a day or two of arrival) they should be able to assign a tentative delivery date. Just know it could push due to delivery delays.
Looks like I know what I’m doing on Monday then!

Reactions: Vinny860 and cwanja
After sitting for a month, as a December delivery (for the red/black combo) it has now shifted to Feb/March. The white/white bounces like a ping pong ball.
Exactly what the h&$& happens that after a month of the same date it doesn’t move a week or two but MONTHS. Tesla should pray the supply chain troubles continue. If there was any chance of getting an EQS or Taycan right now I would be gone. The cars are fast yes, decent software yes, but that’s where the advantages stop. The fact that you can still take delivery of a plaid if your willing to fork over $40k more is disgusting. They still have enough chips to produce 100k’s of 3s and Ys indicates they give absolutely no care for their S and X customers.
What I don’t understand is s is supposed to be more profitable, why would they produce a 3/y with the same number of chips but not S ?

People are simplifying supply chains and complex scale manufacturing to a stunning degree.

These aren’t legos…
Facts. Tesla is the only company in the past 100 years to successfully become a large scale manufacturer in the US and they only accomplished this about 4-5 years ago.

I'm an April order and will continue to patiently wait, as I understand this is their first major product redesign/refresh EVER. Why do legacy autos get a pass when they release new models/refreshes just because "1st year, new model teething problems?"

After sitting for a month, as a December delivery (for the red/black combo) it has now shifted to Feb/March. The white/white bounces like a ping pong ball.
Exactly what the h&$& happens that after a month of the same date it doesn’t move a week or two but MONTHS. Tesla should pray the supply chain troubles continue. If there was any chance of getting an EQS or Taycan right now I would be gone. The cars are fast yes, decent software yes, but that’s where the advantages stop. The fact that you can still take delivery of a plaid if your willing to fork over $40k more is disgusting. They still have enough chips to produce 100k’s of 3s and Ys indicates they give absolutely no care for their S and X customers.
So I shopped around for some alternative ev recently, looks like the only thing can be available immediately is polestar 2. I also reserved lightning and r1t early this year but who knows when it will be available. What a world

First day of EDD again, tomorrow. No communication, no movement and no VIN. Fingers crossed for window narrowing rather than push out…

Trying to clean out the garage so that we can park two cars in anticipation of the MS. Found our marriage certificate that has not been seen in several decades…. 😂😂😂
Well at least you found Sth more important than a EV, congrats!

Reactions: BruinIvy
Facts. Tesla is the only company in the past 100 years to successfully become a large scale manufacturer in the US and they only accomplished this about 4-5 years ago.

I'm an April order and will continue to patiently wait, as I understand this is their first major product redesign/refresh EVER. Why do legacy autos get a pass when they release new models/refreshes just because "1st year, new model teething problems?"

Imagine the tables were turned, using the Elon's new Tesla management directive:

Either fill my car order,

Explain to me why that cannot be done, and offer me an alternative date,

Or Resign as head of Tesla CS and Marketing!

Tell the SvC that you have "Zero Tolerance" for cracks unless that is part of the production spec...lol

More pics please, esp of the pass door light.
Oh great, it either fixed itself, or is going to be one of those fun "intermittent" things. The passenger door lighted door release button is now the same dimly lit level as the driver's door!

• Informative
Reactions: Pdubs and Vinny860