Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Being new to Tesla and never having gotten to test drive the refreshed Model S, I am not sure I would have purchased it if I did get a chance to test drive it.

I need more time driving my Model S LR, but so far I am not blown away by it compared to my outgoing 2021 BMW 5 Series. Besides being an advanced EV, I really can’t believe it is a $95k car. Except for the positive of it being an EV, it is no where near as refined driving/smoothness as my 5 Series, seats are not as comfortable as BMW’s multi-contour seats, Tesla media center is cumbersome compared to BMW’s, especially when paired with HUD. For example, with BMW I can have different presets as favorites (Sirius, FM/AM) and with Tesla they are all separate, which require clicks to get into each one. I really thought Tesla was a tech company like Apple was, but so far not seeing that.

Autonomous driving is very similar between Tesla/BMW too when compared on freeway driving.

People complain about buttons on BMW‘s and other cars, but Tesla makes you look at a big screen with multiple clicks do things, where BMW I can use my HUD controls or the little wheel in the middle to quickly get to stuff.

Tesla needs a genius number, like BMW does, as the adjustment to everything in Tesla, plus the EV part is fairly large. There local service centers have no time to do that anymore. You pick up your car and that is it. That has to change as more people convert to Tesla.

I am not trying to be a downer, but I am really hoping as I drive a lot more in the next couple weeks, that I will like it more. I was expecting to be blown away by it. I do love the exterior of the Model S and think it is one of the best looking cars on the road. :)
I think Tesla cars have different features and focus on different advantages the traditional car companies. They are different. I can see how these are not for everyone

Reactions: rdmdriving
I think Tesla cars have different features and focus on different advantages the traditional car companies. They are different. I can see how these are not for everyone
Right, I think we're all on the same page on this. I think the emphasis was more on the lack of opportunity to test drive the vehicle than on the pros and cons of the car. They also took away the option to return the car, so we're taking a leap of faith that this $100K shoe will fit. Put together, hassle of having to resell the car is shifted to the customers, which in a normal world would have been avoided by test drives.

I think we agree that Tesla's making the optimal decision to be delivering one of these to one of us waiting in line, rather than dedicate a bunch of them to sales centers for test drives. So my comments are not complaints, more commentary on the situation.

Luckily for me, my wife who will be the primary driver is WAY less picky than I am. If somehow she can't adapt to it, my mother is more than willing to take it off my hands :D.

Ceramic paint protection done! 80 miles of driving done. What a dream car. Good luck to everyone waiting, it's worth the wait! A huge THANKS to all of you on this forum during the last 9 months. Kept me sane, and you all provided a lot of valuable advice, and a LOT of laughs!
View attachment 740606View attachment 740607View attachment 740608View attachment 740609
What I want to know is why the massive houses across from you have single car garages. Or maybe those are teaser garages and the real ones are located underground.

Ok on second look not all the houses across from you but ...

Reactions: rdmdriving
Ordered April 2, 2021 with Chicago Delivery Center as pick up location. The following delivery date changes... I thought I was solid for December up until 8:00 AM CST with the date push. Ugh!

August
Nov 10 - 30
Nov 5 - 25
Oct 29 - Nov 18
Nov 4 - 24
Nov 5 - 25
Nov 7 - 27
Nov 4 - 24
Nov 20 - Dec 10
Oct 31 - Nov 20
Nov 17 - Dec 7
Dec 5 - 31
Today: Jan 13- Feb 10 (Dead of Old Man Winter in Wisconsin)
Exact same config, order week and the EDD experience. Hoping the early January stays put and does not push further out for MSM Chicago deliveries....

June 17 order. MSLR, White, Black, 19”, No FSD. Bumped from Dec 11-31 to January 10-Feb 7. I’ve been bumped so many times I feel like i’m in a 80’s disco movie.
Exact order date, almost same config, midnight silver vs white. My Edd changed this morning to 12/07-12/18 from 12/06-12-18…