Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right, I think we're all on the same page on this. I think the emphasis was more on the lack of opportunity to test drive the vehicle than on the pros and cons of the car. They also took away the option to return the car, so we're taking a leap of faith that this $100K shoe will fit. Put together, hassle of having to resell the car is shifted to the customers, which in a normal world would have been avoided by test drives.

I think we agree that Tesla's making the optimal decision to be delivering one of these to one of us waiting in line, rather than dedicate a bunch of them to sales centers for test drives. So my comments are not complaints, more commentary on the situation.

Luckily for me, my wife who will be the primary driver is WAY less picky than I am. If somehow she can't adapt to it, my mother is more than willing to take it off my hands :D.
Agreed. Same situation. I am RN11514 - ordered 6/14 - EDD today just pushed out to 3/18-4/12. Hoping it bounces back to December-January soon. At this point, I really just want to get the car to try it out. I think the unique features will be fits my needs at this time, but I hear you about the expensive leap of faith. I do agree with customer deliveries first as we have all been waiting quite awhile now. Good luck on hopefully taking delivery of your car soon. All of our fingers are crossed.

My EDD just moved forward and tightened. Now 12/22-12/31. I've been on this roller coaster before, so I'll truly believe once I see a VIN.

I'm out of town for the first few days of this latest EDD. Anyone have any experience trying to move delivery date by a few days if you're unavailable or out of town? I can't believe I've waited nearly 9 months and I might be out of town.

Order date 4/4/21 RN1147 MSM/blk/21s no FSD

Ordered April 2, 2021 with Chicago Delivery Center as pick up location. The following delivery date changes... I thought I was solid for December up until 8:00 AM CST with the date push. Ugh!

August
Nov 10 - 30
Nov 5 - 25
Oct 29 - Nov 18
Nov 4 - 24
Nov 5 - 25
Nov 7 - 27
Nov 4 - 24
Nov 20 - Dec 10
Oct 31 - Nov 20
Nov 17 - Dec 7
Dec 5 - 31
Today: Jan 13- Feb 10 (Dead of Old Man Winter in Wisconsin)
14 EDD changes was the magic number for me. Got a VIN after number 14. Good luck!

Agreed. Same situation. I am RN11514 - ordered 6/14 - EDD today just pushed out to 3/18-4/12. Hoping it bounces back to December-January soon. At this point, I really just want to get the car to try it out. I think the unique features will be fits my needs at this time, but I hear you about the expensive leap of faith. I do agree with customer deliveries first as we have all been waiting quite awhile now. Good luck on hopefully taking delivery of your car soon. All of our fingers are crossed.
Almost certain urs will be pushed up soon. Mine is like Dec -> Jan - Feb -> Mar - Apr -> Jan - Feb -> Dec.

My EDD just moved forward and tightened. Now 12/22-12/31. I've been on this roller coaster before, so I'll truly believe once I see a VIN.

I'm out of town for the first few days of this latest EDD. Anyone have any experience trying to move delivery date by a few days if you're unavailable or out of town? I can't believe I've waited nearly 9 months and I might be out of town.

Order date 4/4/21 RN1147 MSM/blk/21s no FSD
Same here. changed to 12/22 - 12/31 this morning. I see ur config is same as mine other than 21 wheel. Let's hope there's a big push of MSM by EOQ

I am scheduled to get my white/cream this Friday also MF 454 VIN ordered in May. Mine must have been manufactured right when yours was, any quality issues I should look for? Did you get floor mats?
The car looks great. Have not noticed anything of concern. Some gaps in panels might be a little off but can’t really tell unless you run your fingers on them. The paint looks perfect. All floor mats and trunk pieces were included so nothing missing. There is the worm in the yoke but you don’t notice it unless looking for it. Yoke is not an issue and easy to get used to. The car is a beast. You will certainly enjoy it.

Tesla is still throwing me curveballs with my scheduled delivery today at 5:30PM... After I called to confirm that everything was a go today, one last time, the Tesla representative at the delivery center said that he didn't have great confidence in the Tesla Plaid ACH connection for the final down payment, so he highly recommended I run out to the bank to get a Cashier’s/Certified check... I’m glad I called…and I hope I now have everything for the delivery.

Tesla is still throwing me curveballs with my scheduled delivery today at 5:30PM... After I called to confirm that everything was a go today, one last time, the Tesla representative at the delivery center said that he didn't have great confidence in the Tesla Plaid ACH connection for the final down payment, so he highly recommended I run out to the bank to get a Cashier’s/Certified check... I’m glad I called…and I hope I now have everything for the delivery.
I had no issues with it. Paid on a Sunday. It was withdrawn on a Tuesday. I picked it up my car Monday without any issues.

How the heck do you come with a cashiers check (which is withdrawn at the time the check is cut) and have enough in a bank account at the same time to fund an ACH? Who is stuffing their mattresses with cash? Makes no sense.

Last edited:
hi neighbor my SC is westmont
I test drove at both Westmont and Naperville. Put order thru Naperville as it’s a little closer to me. At this point though, I am just hoping for a smooth transition whenever it happens. We are all in the same boat, that is, the sinking one with the monkey randomly throwing out life preservers. I never thought in the most wildest dreams/nightmares, that I’d become “one of those” waiting for a car for 6 months never having driven it. I test drove the model Y, X, 3, and each one has it’s own positives and negatives. Coming from a hatchback, knowing how spacious they can be, I’m hoping the S Yoke doesn’t ruin everything else I love about the Tesla driving experience. The S seems perfect, it and when it becomes a reality. I’m rambling, but trying to remain sane. No best time to do a lot of things let alone buy a car, but in this case, I feel like I’ve been buying this car for way to long to be able to do anything but realize Mr. Monkey doesn’t like that I got in before all the price increases. I just want my car.

it appears most MS orders are filled by the one year mark from order date. A few outliers. By that reasoning I will have a car by mid Summer '22. I have mentally reset my expectations and I already feel better.
except for plaid. Plaid has always gotten priority over the lower priced LR. And more than a few instances of persons who reserved at lower price getting bumped by those who ordered after the price hikes.

Last edited:
I had no issues with it. Paid on a Sunday. It was withdrawn on a Tuesday. I picked it up my car Monday without any issues.

How the heck do you come with a cashiers check (which is with drawn at the time the check is cut) and have enough in a bank account at the same time to fund an ACH? Who is stuffing their mattresses with cash? Makes no sense.
dont underestimate the net worth of some Model S buyers. Whats a massive amount to some like me, might be small change to others with very high net worths. We have persons on this very forum who own boats AND planes.

RN 11514 ordered June 14th - MSM w/Black 21" and FSD - I'm in Los Angeles. EDD pushed this morning from 1/18-2/8 to March 15th to April 12th. Hoping this is a temporary bump and bounces back to January. Looking at this thread, it's really hard to figure out any logic to when cars deliver given the RN and configurations listed.
I have lost all hope.. Ordered on 8/20- MS LR Blk/Blk FSD 19" in Chicago.. Initial EDD Dec 4-18, then to 12/10-12/31, Jan-Feb, Feb- Mar, March 10 -April 4th and this morning JUST APRIL ..