Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So finally dream comes true. Me jumping on that available undelivered car allowed me to pick up my dream car. Delivery process very simple straightforward. Car was detailed and spotless all mats and trunk covers were available. Could not have asked for a better experience or a better build. Car is what I expected overwhelmingly fun and advanced. The yolk steering took a bit to get used to. Not against it but did not feel in love with it either. A little of an occasional growling sound seems to be coming from the rear they said is the heat pump or something to keep battery the way it needs to be. Autopilot is nice the fsd needs some getting used to especially that it slows down on green lights telling you there is a traffic light and it seems you need to push the pedal to keep going. Again couldn’t ask for more. A lot to get used to and learn especially that this is my first ev or Tesla.
I am glad I took advantage of the undelivered vehicle and had to give up the white interior and smaller wheels and luckily ended up only paying two grants more for the larger wheels since my account seems to have honored the pre pricing. Still need to buy the winter wheels and tire package. I feel bad for the ones still waiting cause I was there two days ago and can’t think of being there again.
Hope you all get your cars soon.

Autopilot is nice the fsd needs some getting used to especially that it slows down on green lights telling you there is a traffic light and it seems you need to push the pedal to keep going.
I'm happy to hear the fates smiled upon you and you were in the right place/right time to jump into your new MS!! Congrats.

Everything I read about autopilot and "FSD" suggests it's not to be used on city streets where you'll find stop lights; it's a highway system. FSD on city streets is a limited beta feature in test. So the fact you need to tap the accelerator before a light is probably the price to be paid for the car "letting" you use the system off the highway like that.

Reactions: fsabek
Finally picked up my car today!!!! Didn't find anything wrong. Everything opened and closed with no problems, panels were perfect. Delivery went smoothly. I Am missing the trunk covers but should have them in a week. Car is at spa getting PPF and tint. Autopilot cameras calibrated pretty quickly on the way to the Detail Shop. Yoke is awesome!!!! Good luck to everyone still waiting- It is worth the wait!!!
Congrats! Look forward to the pics!

Look what I got this morning! MY VIN!!!!!

Seven months ago, I placed my order. Three days ago, my EDD was Jan 13 - Feb 10. Two days ago, my EDD was Dec 27 - Dec 31. Today, my EDD is Dec 22 - Dec 28, and I have my VIN. :)

And still I'm afraid to get my hopes up. It ain't over 'til it's over. 😰

1639659906942.png

Seven months ago, I placed my order. Three days ago, my EDD was Jan 13 - Feb 10. Two days ago, my EDD was Dec 27 - Dec 31. Today, my EDD is Dec 22 - Dec 28, and I have my VIN. :)

View attachment 744904
Congrats. Such a long wait for sure! Pretty weird how we're seeing a trend of the EDD jumping 2-3 weeks up, just to come back down right at VIN assignment. Good luck on getting your delivery scheduled!

View attachment 744904
congratulations!!! I hope your car is absolutely perfect and you get to fully enjoy it! This gives me some small shred of hope maybe this is what happening to me? although I'm pretty sure i just got legitimately bumped to jan-feb based on my SA saying my tentative build date is 1/21. I guess we will see lol

View attachment 744904
Well that gives me some hope for my red/cream order!! I'm about to stop by a Tesla SVC as I'll be near one this afternoon. Hoping they let me know that my VIN is about to be assigned.

oh no! That has to suck major elon D! So what was the warning or messages you got on the display? Also congrats on your order!
Well, good news...I got the update with ANR and my sensors are working again! I did go wipe them all with my finger. Maybe I have the magic touch.

I think a lot of us Tesla owners and prospective owners do display 'spoilt brat' behavior a lot. Somehow spending 100K makes us entitled, really. Tesla's service centers in particular are inundated with impromptu requests for information by people just stopping by when in fact the information in readily available in the App or by calling. I have been at a center for service when some random owner drives in and requests immediate service or diagnosis. In each case the center has complied thereby clearly taking them away from scheduled tasks. No wonder my car was at service for a month earlier this year. Just a rant but why would you go to a service center to find out when your VIN will be assigned? This is a forgotten part of Tesla service we don't even discuss that you can drive to a service center and often get immediate service by behaving like a brat.

Any idea if after less than 24 h if taking delivery car needs to be towed I could still have the right to reject it and asked to be matched to a diffeeent one
Nah I'd probably say doesn't make a difference. After you sign the docs and your the owner, then your in the warranty period so that is what applies. I'm sure if it was something crazy severe then Tesla might have to take big measures but probably by then you'd be brushing up against lemon laws anyways (i.e. X days in shop of X times for same issue, etc.).

View attachment 744904
Congratulations on getting the VIN for your Cherry Creamsicle! I ordered around the same time as you and am picking up my Licorice Creamsicle this afternoon in Chicago. There must be a large shipment of Creamsicles happening right now, Maybe Tesla had to wait for the cold weather so they didn't melt. 🤧