Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Being in MD also, I think the east coast is on the bottom of the priority list, especially those who locked in at the lower price. :(
I had and lost my VIN. i still show 12/30 - 12/31- the SA i spoke with said i should get a real update/vin first week of january, and delivery by the 3rd week. these aren't set in stone, but it was what he believed, and he sounded knowledgeable.
i also though it took 2 to 3 weeks to get from Fremont to NJ, and he said based on the train port, it can actually be done in 6 days, and if the SC moves themselves, they can receive, inspect, and have the car ready for delivery the same day.

i will say i'm checking for a vin every hour or so just like i did for months (further out was only a couple of times a day) - and when i had the vin, i asked myself, "why did i check so much" - and now without one, i'm checking again, so i think the psychology of it is sort of like landing a reservation - you know you have the spot - and without the vin, at least i feel "forgotton" - i do feel somewhat reassured I was put on a "priority list" - like double secret probation in mash, or animal house, or both?
anyway, i think it's a matter of sitting tight.
Now that tesla (elon) has "no rush" for year end (despite what he says, i'm not sure about that) it seems we'll get our bump to january.
i was concerned about x production or the hertz deal killing the S production, that doesn't seem to be the case as far as I understand.
if i knew for sure i coudlnt' get the S for an additional 6 months, and if i needed a car pronto, i'd get a polestar or somethign else.
for me at least, i have time, so yeah, i can wait, and it seems like the wait will be short.
the worst part though is trying to sell or trade your current car - you don't want to be car-less for an extended period.
okay, end of therapeutic rant! :)

I had and lost my VIN. i still show 12/30 - 12/31- the SA i spoke with said i should get a real update/vin first week of january, and delivery by the 3rd week. these aren't set in stone, but it was what he believed, and he sounded knowledgeable.
i also though it took 2 to 3 weeks to get from Fremont to NJ, and he said based on the train port, it can actually be done in 6 days, and if the SC moves themselves, they can receive, inspect, and have the car ready for delivery the same day.

i will say i'm checking for a vin every hour or so just like i did for months (further out was only a couple of times a day) - and when i had the vin, i asked myself, "why did i check so much" - and now without one, i'm checking again, so i think the psychology of it is sort of like landing a reservation - you know you have the spot - and without the vin, at least i feel "forgotton" - i do feel somewhat reassured I was put on a "priority list" - like double secret probation in mash, or animal house, or both?
anyway, i think it's a matter of sitting tight.
Now that tesla (elon) has "no rush" for year end (despite what he says, i'm not sure about that) it seems we'll get our bump to january.
i was concerned about x production or the hertz deal killing the S production, that doesn't seem to be the case as far as I understand.
if i knew for sure i coudlnt' get the S for an additional 6 months, and if i needed a car pronto, i'd get a polestar or somethign else.
for me at least, i have time, so yeah, i can wait, and it seems like the wait will be short.
the worst part though is trying to sell or trade your current car - you don't want to be car-less for an extended period.
okay, end of therapeutic rant! :)
I feel you. My current lease (19 crosstrek) doesn't end till April and my current value is 10k more then the buyout currently. I don't want to lose that value, because that kick back will help with the down payment on the S. But I still have time, and looking at other deliveries, it seems to be a 6-7 month turn around after initial order. So you'll definitely be looking at a January delivery! Finger crossed! 🙌

Hmm.. Already looking at 9 months and counting... March would put me at 11 months, closer to a year in waiting... Still checking Vin updates on my app and laptop 5-6 times a day... Officially has become a habit (bad!) now....
I feel your pain. I think there may be a problem getting these MSM cars out. MSMs were supposed to be produced and delivered in Dec 2021 and it did not materialize. Tesla produced much less MSM exterior compared to other colors recently. There must be some hold up when they decided to make MSM standard color for M3/MY.

Here’s a quick update on my experience with my Model S (about 300 miles on it now). I previously posted about the Active Road Noise Reduction (ARNR) feature calibrating and then showing active.

Today, I noticed it was calibrating again so I kept it displayed on the screen for a while. As seen in the included picture, I saw a new message saying "Optimized for front occupants." This leads me to believe it recalibrates to accommodate the current occupant load. If so, it’s just one more reason to appreciate how brilliant you were in choosing a Model S. Enjoy your validated "smarts" and new rides! :):D😁

Attachments

• ARNR_Optimized.jpg
    ARNR_Optimized.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 139
Here’s a quick update on my experience with my Model S (about 300 miles on it now). I previously posted about the Active Road Noise Reduction (ARNR) feature calibrating and then showing active.

Today, I noticed it was calibrating again so I kept it displayed on the screen for a while. As seen in the included picture, I saw a new message saying "Optimized for front occupants." This leads me to believe it recalibrates to accommodate the current occupant load. If so, it’s just one more reason to appreciate how brilliant you were in choosing a Model S. Enjoy your validated "smarts" and new rides! :):D😁
Did you notice a difference?

I have a delivery tomorrow for an MF430! Yes, I know you're wondering what the heck an MF430 is doing this late when there are NF vins. 2 weeks ago I called to order an inventory Model S. They said they have a couple of damaged in transport long ranges in Orlando. (I am leasing so the value of the car doesn't matter much to me) My advisor stated they were all repaired (the things wrong were some scratches on the underside and a small scratch somewhere on the paint) so I ordered the car. The big day is tomorrow at 6pm. I hope the car is actually fully fixed but we shall find out knowing Tesla. What do you guys think? Anyhow, I'm super excited!!
btw: they gave me a 3k discount for all the damages and the car has 16 miles on the odometer so it's still brand new.
I just got a call with the exact story you shared above for a MF430 VIN too! I heard these were the bastard cars stuck at the Fremont lot for having one issue or another. Mine is scheduled for delivery next week. Did you notice any issues / imperfections with your car since pick up? Would you advise to proceed or walk away? Also do you see anything in your Carfax records on repairs being made?

• Informative
Reactions: Scody88
I feel like the east coasters losing VIN#s are being pulled in favor of closer deliveries for that EOY push that was not supposed to be important. Sucks.
Still sitting here with no VIN, don’t know if it’s an east coast thing or a 80k base price thing. Definitely seen some east/central people getting VINs this week.

I have had a refreshed Model S long range on order since Jan 28, 2021. Tesla still has still not fulfilled my order. RN114429***. My EDD was Dec 13 to Dec 31st then suddenly my EDD on Dec 14th changed to March 9th to April 6th.
I really think they could fulfill my order but won’t until 2022 so the financials/ profits and margins can look as good as possible. I really believe most pre price increase orders are being delayed intentionally. Let’s see after the new year if I am right.
Hey James. I was thinking the same thing too that higher priced LRs were a priority. I did finally get my car and the extra $2,000 discount. Priority over LR is definitely Plaid deliveries. My dates moved around towards the end too and surprise you have a VIN. It’s frustrating but the car is amazing. Of course it needs to go in for a few things. But it’s all good.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
Just delayed to 12/27 to 12/30. I’m out of town those exact days so won’t work. Working with my service advisor on the dates.
Worked with my advisor to get an after-hours delivery on 12/30 after I get back. They have me down in the system for 5:30pm, but they will expect me at 6. I was also told they will make 12/31 work if something comes up and I miss that time.

Sold my temporary Model 3 to another dealer today. Accepted Tesla's loan through TD at 2.49%. Hope I don't get screwed with any additional date changes.