Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where is my VIN? I thought they started to produce MSM. As before RNs after me are getting their VIN :confused:. I am reconsidering the FSD now.

First day of entering the EDD window for the 4th time and no VIN yet closing in on 10 months now. Added FSD due to FOMO and it has not helped with getting the VIN. So I wouldnt add it to get a shot at VIN.... Just one data point though....

First day of entering the EDD window for the 4th time and no VIN yet closing in on 10 months now. Added FSD due to FOMO and it has not helped with getting the VIN. So I wouldnt add it to get a shot at VIN.... Just one data point though....
I see people ordered much later in July 2021 from east coast getting VIN for the same configuration I ordered in early June. i cannot understand how can they skip my RN and noy give me VIN. I already have FSD added to my car. Not happy.

Well 7 months of waiting

Attachments

• 5CF545F3-4582-4E4C-9BC2-925641035B0B.jpeg
    5CF545F3-4582-4E4C-9BC2-925641035B0B.jpeg
    580.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 63CB5A07-C1CC-4C21-AE16-BA16FDB18482.jpeg
    63CB5A07-C1CC-4C21-AE16-BA16FDB18482.jpeg
    499.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 5A67ED23-AB53-4A76-A5C8-504C048348BA.jpeg
    5A67ED23-AB53-4A76-A5C8-504C048348BA.jpeg
    602.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 4FEAC4CA-51AC-40ED-A5D8-D9EF9E7FF337.jpeg
    4FEAC4CA-51AC-40ED-A5D8-D9EF9E7FF337.jpeg
    532 KB · Views: 82
Well 7 months of waiting
I’m picking my MSLR MSM White 21 in. tomorrow. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve! Hang in there folks, its a long road. I put my order in in may of last year. I know there are folks waiting longer than I did and its a shame how Tesla has been stringing them along. I hope that all of you that have waited get upgraded lights, horn on the yoke and bigger batteries! I’m just going to enjoy whatever comes with with mine tomorrow. Coming from a 2014 P85, it will be a huge leap. Today, I hated to see my old one go, it was the best car I ever owned; however, tomorrow starts a new chapter!!

Thanks for the picture of the MS with the 19” wheels with the aero caps off. I’ve ordered the Blue color and have been wondering if I should get the wheels powder coated to be matte black to go better with all the trim. Any thoughts?
Here ya go……

Attachments

• A34EC170-419C-4CCF-B77C-5D0B6D10FA48.jpeg
    A34EC170-419C-4CCF-B77C-5D0B6D10FA48.jpeg
    633.9 KB · Views: 81

I see people ordered much later in July 2021 from east coast getting VIN for the same configuration I ordered in early June. i cannot understand how can they skip my RN and noy give me VIN. I already have FSD added to my car. Not happy.
Well... This morning woke up to EDD pushed out again from Feb 3-17 to Feb 16-27, but good news is it narrowed from 14 days to 11 days. Just thought would share as a data point to some of us still past 9-10 month wait.....

We've had our new Model S for about 1.5 weeks now, after ordering it in May 2021. Here are some observations and thoughts:

Pros:
1 - The styling and overall appearance of the car is just amazing ( see attached pictures ). Much better in person than in the pictures.
2 - The extra range, compared to my Model 3, is so convenient to have. I did a recent trip in the S without having to supercharge; that same trip in my Model 3 (in winter months) always required a supercharge.
3 - The ride is noticeably smoother than the Model 3 ( and the Model 3 is not a shabby ride at all ).
4 - The car is very quiet, compared to my Model 3. Now, my Model 3 seems loud to me.
5 - The power and torque is what has been advertised. Quite insane. Owning a Model 3, it wasn't a big surprise for me. But for those of you that have never driven an electric vehicle before, "hold on to your butts" ( a line from Samuel Jackson's character in Jurassic Park ), and make sure your passengers have barf bags in case they eat lunch before you take them for their first launch. :)
6 - I really really like the yoke, and it's very easy to get used to. I was very surprised how easy it was to learn, given the negative publicity that initially came out. Even my wife, who needs time to adjust to an unfamiliar vehicle, has adapted to it very easily. She still prefers a round wheel, but has become quite comfortable with the yoke. I prefer the yoke over a wheel.
7 - Unlike my first few days, I no longer need to look at the controls on the yoke in order to activate them. One thing I had to learn was the need to rest my thumbs very lightly around the controls, so as not to accidentally execute them.
8 - The people at my service center were professional and courteous. The pickup of my vehicle (once the all-season tires were provided to replace the summer tires that the vehicle was shipped with) went flawlessly. No missing parts, no worm in the yoke, no weird noises while driving. The car is 99.99% flawless (see the 'Cons' below).

Cons:
1 - For those that purchased FSD, Autopark in the S is not architected the same way that it is on the 3. It uses vision only, and no longer uses radar, and is not yet as functional in the S as it is in the 3. For me, this is not a big deal, since I don't use Autopark that much. But my wife likes it in the 3, and this is a temporary setback for her, until Autopark in the S becomes more mature.
2 - Closing the frunk is normal until you try to get it completely locked and secured. In the S, it takes some real effort compared to the 3. It may be a defect, as it doesn't seem right to me. My wife wasn't able to do it on her own, as she didn't have the required strength or weight to get the frunk to completely lock. I can do it, but I really have to put my weight into it.
3 - As an older person whose hands get easily cold, I typically like to wear gloves in colder weather while I'm driving. With the yoke, you can't do that, as the icons can only be activated with your fingers, or with driving gloves that have special material on the fingertips that will work on the yoke icons, and on the touchscreen. The yoke can be heated, and this is really nice, but I still wish I could drive wearing gloves in the winter months.

Other comments:
1 - While the car is absolutely worth the wait, the whole experience with the changing EDDs, and the inconvenience of initially getting a VIN assigned and then losing it, has left a bad taste in my mouth. But I would still buy a Tesla again. I just wouldn't trust any information they provided me until I had the car in hand. And even then ...
2 - My car was shipped to NJ in January with summer tires. Absolutely ridiculous. When I spoke to the service center about this, they said they were taken by surprise as well, and yet they still attempted to deliver cars to customers anyway, without proactively replacing the summer tires with all-seasons. Only because I refused delivery of the car did they offer to replace the tires. Even Tesla's Model S owners manual says to not use summer tires in winter conditions. Very disappointing. But the end product is great. You won't be disappointed.
3 - For those of you new to a Tesla, be patient with yourself, as there is a LOT to learn about configuring the car to your personal liking. It's like a smartphone, in that there are so many features and configurations that it takes time to learn them all.

Best of luck to all of you.

Attachments

• 20220126_141925.jpg
    20220126_141925.jpg
    830.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 20220126_141939.jpg
    20220126_141939.jpg
    1,018 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
For those interested in getting an auto loan from DCU, I was able to secure their lowest current offer (1.49%):

1. Apply for membership for DCU, you can get a referral code from any existing DCU members, there are so many in the group itself. The approval process generally takes around 2-4 days so plan accordingly.
2. Fill the auto loan application from their website and apply for auto loan while waiting for your membership to be approve. (Step 1 and 2 can be done independently)
3. Call DCU during business hours and schedule a callback (wait times are insanely long, sometimes more than 1-2 hours). Tell them tha tyou have applied for a loan and they will review it with you over the phone, and may approve it too.
4. There is a direct deposit discount and an ev discount, and if you credit score is above 730 (Equifax), you'll get the lowest possible rate they can offer.
5. Make sure to setup Direct deposit to their CHECKING account as failure to do so might increase your APR by .5-15 without any notice.

We've had our new Model S for about 1.5 weeks now, after ordering it in May 2021. Here are some observations and thoughts:

Pros:
1 - The styling and overall appearance of the car is just amazing ( see attached pictures ). Much better in person than in the pictures.
2 - The extra range, compared to my Model 3, is so convenient to have. I did a recent trip in the S without having to supercharge; that same trip in my Model 3 (in winter months) always required a supercharge.
3 - The ride is noticeably smoother than the Model 3 ( and the Model 3 is not a shabby ride at all ).
4 - The car is very quiet, compared to my Model 3. Now, my Model 3 seems loud to me.
5 - The power and torque is what has been advertised. Quite insane. Owning a Model 3, it wasn't a big surprise for me. But for those of you that have never driven an electric vehicle before, "hold on to your butts" ( a line from Samuel Jackson's character in Jurassic Park ), and make sure your passengers have barf bags in case they eat lunch before you take them for their first launch. :)
6 - I really really like the yoke, and it's very easy to get used to. I was very surprised how easy it was to learn, given the negative publicity that initially came out. Even my wife, who needs time to adjust to an unfamiliar vehicle, has adapted to it very easily. She still prefers a round wheel, but has become quite comfortable with the yoke. I prefer the yoke over a wheel.
7 - Unlike my first few days, I no longer need to look at the controls on the yoke in order to activate them. One thing I had to learn was the need to rest my thumbs very lightly around the controls, so as not to accidentally execute them.
8 - The people at my service center were professional and courteous. The pickup of my vehicle (once the all-season tires were provided to replace the summer tires that the vehicle was shipped with) went flawlessly. No missing parts, no worm in the yoke, no weird noises while driving. The car is 99.99% flawless (see the 'Cons' below).

Cons:
1 - For those that purchased FSD, Autopark in the S is not architected the same way that it is on the 3. It uses vision only, and no longer uses radar, and is not yet as functional in the S as it is in the 3. For me, this is not a big deal, since I don't use Autopark that much. But my wife likes it in the 3, and this is a temporary setback for her, until Autopark in the S becomes more mature.
2 - Closing the frunk is normal until you try to get it completely locked and secured. In the S, it takes some real effort compared to the 3. It may be a defect, as it doesn't seem right to me. My wife wasn't able to do it on her own, as she didn't have the required strength or weight to get the frunk to completely lock. I can do it, but I really have to put my weight into it.
3 - As an older person whose hands get easily cold, I typically like to wear gloves in colder weather while I'm driving. With the yoke, you can't do that, as the icons can only be activated with your fingers, or with driving gloves that have special material on the fingertips that will work on the yoke icons, and on the touchscreen. The yoke can be heated, and this is really nice, but I still wish I could drive wearing gloves in the winter months.

Other comments:
1 - While the car is absolutely worth the wait, the whole experience with the changing EDDs, and the inconvenience of initially getting a VIN assigned and then losing it, has left a bad taste in my mouth. But I would still buy a Tesla again. I just wouldn't trust any information they provided me until I had the car in hand. And even then ...
2 - My car was shipped to NJ in January with summer tires. Absolutely ridiculous. When I spoke to the service center about this, they said they were taken by surprise as well, and yet they still attempted to deliver cars to customers anyway, without proactively replacing the summer tires with all-seasons. Only because I refused delivery of the car did they offer to replace the tires. Even Tesla's Model S owners manual says to not use summer tires in winter conditions. Very disappointing. But the end product is great. You won't be disappointed.
3 - For those of you new to a Tesla, be patient with yourself, as there is a LOT to learn about configuring the car to your personal liking. It's like a smartphone, in that there are so many features and configurations that it takes time to learn them all.

Best of luck to all of you.
Thanks for the write up. I’ve been getting discouraged since my EDD moved out 3 months (May as of now) so I needed to hear your words of encouragement. Your car is beautiful!!! I was trying to decide between red and blue but went with blue. But man, that red is really pretty.

Same here ! In IL -- MSLR- BLK FSD 19" OD 8/10- Entered EDD again 2/3-3/2 and this morning it moved all the way out to 4/2-4/30. I have a feeling it may get pushed even further :(

• Informative
Reactions: rdmdriving