Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla just changed out my 19 inch Pirelli Summer Tires for the Continental All-Seasons (at no charge), and they asked me if I'd like to keep the Pirelli's. I said, "Sure!," though I really don't have any specific use for them. They have around 300 miles of usage, and are actually really nice tires. Just not very useful here in Nebraska for year-round driving. I considered getting a new set of rims to mount them on for summer use, but I'm not sure that would be very useful.

Anyone interested in a very lightly used set of 19 inch Pirelli's at a great price? I've shipped tires before without any problem.
Lucky. Free set of tires. I don’t understand the hate on the summer tires. In the summer/warmer weather they are superior to all other tires.

I would just use them. Swap them on may 15th Take them off october 1st.

Extend the life of both sets of tires. Or sell them second hand for probably $500-$800

Lucky. Free set of tires. I don’t understand the hate on the summer tires. In the summer/warmer weather they are superior to all other tires.

Extend the life of both sets of tires. Or sell them second hand for probably $500-$800
Great advice. Since we don’t rotate tires on this model, swapping the tires summer/winter season is a great alternative.

Reactions: GrnSqrl
Minus CA sales tax ~$8K and captain gain tax (~$6K), assuming you sell it at current price.
I doubt I’ll sell this car for a while but I will not be paying any capital gains tax because I would put enough miles on it to have the sale price remain the same. I disagree with your math for a number of reasons. I sold the Plaid I got in August for a nice profit easily paying for the sales tax and then some.

Tesla just changed out my 19 inch Pirelli Summer Tires for the Continental All-Seasons (at no charge), and they asked me if I'd like to keep the Pirelli's. I said, "Sure!," though I really don't have any specific use for them. They have around 300 miles of usage, and are actually really nice tires. Just not very useful here in Nebraska for year-round driving. I considered getting a new set of rims to mount them on for summer use, but I'm not sure that would be very useful.

Anyone interested in a very lightly used set of 19 inch Pirelli's at a great price? I've shipped tires before without any problem.
With all the Mid-West/North-East deliveries who cannot get all seasons, I found it almost comical that when I took delivery of my Long Range last weekend in sunny southern California, it had all-seasons!

• Funny
Reactions: Mwolfe and VikH
1157 LR Blk/Blk 19”. EDD went from 2/1-2/14 —> 3/11-3/31 —> 3/17-3/31 (updated on 3/11). I unfortunately applied at DCU (1.24% for 64 months) end of January and the approval lapsed after 45 days. With interest rates rising, I want to lock the rate again which hasn’t changed, for another 45 days but don’t want to risk it lapsing yet again if tesla pushes VIN beyond end of April. I know many here have suggested waiting till VIN is generated before applying but we risk potential rate increases. Curious if anyone here has worked with their lender to extend rate locks, particularly with DCU.

Great idea, @EightYears ! If I could find a nice set of rims for a reasonable price, I could definitely mount the Summer tires and swap them out between winter and summer each year (to extend the life of the tires and enjoy the grippy summer tires all summer).

So now I guess I'll start researching rim options (OEM or aftermarket) to see how much that would cost. Anyone have a lead on a set of wheels for this car that I could use for my summer tires? Thanks!

Great idea, @EightYears ! If I could find a nice set of rims for a reasonable price, I could definitely mount the Summer tires and swap them out between winter and summer each year (to extend the life of the tires and enjoy the grippy summer tires all summer).

So now I guess I'll start researching rim options (OEM or aftermarket) to see how much that would cost. Anyone have a lead on a set of wheels for this car that I could use for my summer tires? Thanks!
You might get better reception for wheel options in the Driving dynamics thread.

You can also mount/dismount tires on the existing rims. This is a less costly option in the short term. If you plan to keep your car for ~5+ years and drive a lot. A separate set of rims is better.

If money is not a big deal then a different set is much easier and also gives you a chance to change the look of your car with each season.

How far ahead of delivery have you all found that Tesla pesters you for insurance info? My delivery appointment is next Sat, Mar 26th, and they texted me today and said that I need to upload insurance now. Told them I couldn't, it's not available in the app while waiting on trade in and financing, and they wanted me to email it to them.

How far ahead of delivery have you all found that Tesla pesters you for insurance info? My delivery appointment is next Sat, Mar 26th, and they texted me today and said that I need to upload insurance now. Told them I couldn't, it's not available in the app while waiting on trade in and financing, and they wanted me to email it to them.
Not sure about your state, but in California, all you need is an insurance with your name, even if it's registered to a different car. The law specifically covers new cars under existing insurance for 30 days I think.

Reactions: aerodyne
1157 LR Blk/Blk 19”. EDD went from 2/1-2/14 —> 3/11-3/31 —> 3/17-3/31 (updated on 3/11). I unfortunately applied at DCU (1.24% for 64 months) end of January and the approval lapsed after 45 days. With interest rates rising, I want to lock the rate again which hasn’t changed, for another 45 days but don’t want to risk it lapsing yet again if tesla pushes VIN beyond end of April. I know many here have suggested waiting till VIN is generated before applying but we risk potential rate increases. Curious if anyone here has worked with their lender to extend rate locks, particularly with DCU.
I did the same, I'm going to make a change to my app and see if it extends it. I was going to put down 25k but with 1.24 interest I'm just going change the amount to finance the everything. Thats if I can get someone on the phone.

Not sure about your state, but in California, all you need is an insurance with your name, even if it's registered to a different car. The law specifically covers new cars under existing insurance for 30 days I think.
I guess I just found it weird they seem more worried about me putting in Insurance than in me getting the financing set up. I have State Farm so can just go into the app and replace my vehicle and I'll have a new virtual card and an email with a pdf version in a couple minutes.

I guess I just found it weird they seem more worried about me putting in Insurance than in me getting the financing set up. I have State Farm so can just go into the app and replace my vehicle and I'll have a new virtual card and an email with a pdf version in a couple minutes.
I believe it's also because if you don't complete your profile with insurance and other info, they'll not be able to generate the agreements needed to sell the vehicle.

• Informative
Reactions: chrisdh79
So Tesla just texted me this with my EDD still staying in the 3/17 - 3/31 range so…. there’s hope maybe?

B1438EC8-CD05-4F27-9FF2-63C12DA065D9.jpeg