Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well as I thought, looks like Tesla was bluffing on the "Nov" delivery for the Model S White/Black 19s. I ordered another one (really want the new headlights and tails) and my EDD went from Nov -> Aug/Sept -> June/August. Fortunately I got in before this last $5k price hike and only paid $79k for the first one so I think it's all said and done I will get the updated headlights/tail lights and likely pocket several thousand (no sales tax in OR).
What do you mean Bluffing? You probably know better than anyone the Model S (no plaid) EDD means nothing especially this early in the game.

Now, if you meant to say every update is a bluff, that is fair.

I really think you will be lucky to receive by November IMHO.

I have fallen for many bluffs along the way. No longer do I get my hopes up.

I am still excited to get the car....but man, this EDD stuff is crazy.

What do you mean Bluffing? You probably know better than anyone the Model S (no plaid) EDD means nothing especially this early in the game.

Now, if you meant to say every update is a bluff, that is fair.

I really think you will be lucky to receive by November IMHO.

I have fallen for many bluffs along the way. No longer do I get my hopes up.

I am still excited to get the car....but man, this EDD stuff is crazy.

What I mean is for only the exact combo of white/black/19s they are saying “Nov” but for every other combo it’s saying “July”.

Logically there is nothing special about the base combo that would make the EDD further out other than they are trying to incentivize people to spend a couple grand more to get bumped from Nov to July.

FWIW when I ordered last July it said “Oct/Nov” and I got my first vin assigned mid Nov but put a hold to get a 2022. So at least in my limited experience, the EDDs have been very accurate (I am very aware this isn’t the case for many people) just my experience.

What I mean is for only the exact combo of white/black/19s they are saying “Nov” but for every other combo it’s saying “July”.

Logically there is nothing special about the base combo that would make the EDD further out other than they are trying to incentivize people to spend a couple grand more to get bumped from Nov to July.

FWIW when I ordered last July it said “Oct/Nov” and I got my first vin assigned mid Nov but put a hold to get a 2022. So at least in my limited experience, the EDDs have been very accurate (I am very aware this isn’t the case for many people) just my experience.
Yeah checked my order yesterday after my EDD got pushed out beyond imagination.

If I ordered today EDD says July. Yet my order from May of last year has an EDD of July to September. Makes no sense at all. Completely misleading.

They’re using this tactic on 3/Y models as well. If you buy one with FSD, you get your car 6 months early. Y is now pushed out to Jan 2023. The demand for any Tesla is insane right now!

Reactions: aerodyne
My EDD went from April 4th - May 9th to April 1st - April 22nd this AM. Whatever that means. Tesla. Whatever.
Mine went from 3/18-4/5 to 3/24-4/16; I think that is the seventeenth move and sixth time I moved into an EDD range. Waiting 376 days now! And, ordered with all options including FSD so the belief that FSD has priority is not true - at least for me.

It's stuff like this that makes me second guess is this is really a good idea or not. The cars, once you get them, are nice but the delivery experience is for the most part pretty bad.

Edit: they replied that "The VIN was removed due to the vehicle projecting the incorrect milage and will be rematched to my order once it's fixed". I have no idea what that means 🙈

Mine went from 3/18-4/5 to 3/24-4/16; I think that is the seventeenth move and sixth time I moved into an EDD range. Waiting 376 days now! And, ordered with all options including FSD so the belief that FSD has priority is not true - at least for me.
I can't fathom how you don't have a car yet! You're 350 miles from the factory, so travel logistics isn't the issue. You have a fully optioned order with FSD.
I would of thought you'd have a car by accident by now honestly. It seems like more and more to me that they ration out the fulfillment of pre-price increase orders. Like Tesla can't afford to give us this "bargain" all at once. :rolleyes:

Reactions: BruceR61
Got update in the app. EDD got pushed out to August 13 - October 08.
Wondering if adding FSD now will make a difference. And if once delivered I can get the refund and ask FSD to be removed.
Ignore this EDD. For the most part we all should ignore EDD updates and look at the big picture. There are regional patterns with Tesla deliveries. For example right now those of us on the east coast should not expect any deliveries until the latter half of April. That said, with minor outliers Tesla also delivers within those regions in a sequential RN manner. So as an RN1153 I should expect delivery before July this year. Again that’s my read of the big picture. Indeed you being in WA (?state) and 1153 could be delivered this month.
And then there’s the highly respected phenomenon of your EDD jumping way out just b4 VIN assignment. I don’t want to jinx you so read between the lines.

Last edited:
Ignore this EDD. For the most part we all should ignore EDD updates and look at the big picture. There are regional patterns with Tesla deliveries. For example right now those of us on the east coast should not expect any deliveries until the latter half of April. That said, with minor outliers Tesla also delivers within those regions in a sequential RN manner. So as an RN1153 I should expect delivery before July this year. Again that’s my read of the big picture. Indeed you being in WA (?state) and 1153 could be delivered this month.
And then there’s the highly respected phenomenon of your EDD jumping way out just b4 VIN assignment. I don’t want to jinx you so read between the lines.
I really hope the EDD jump phenomenon is true in my case. I have been holding off buying a car in hopes Tesla will come through and now wife is pissed. We have been basically driving a rental car since July last year.

Just picked up my new LR this morning. Spent a while getting familiar with everything since it's my first Tesla. Took it for a nice leisurely drive in chill mode to get acquainted with the yoke and single peddle driving.

Once I got comfortable, I moved from chill to sport mode. Got to an open road, got up to 90mph, and I suddenly get an air pressure alert. I figured it was a mistake but pulled over to check anyway. Sure enough, one of my back tires is going flat. I barely put 10 miles on the car.

Roadside assistance dispatched through Tesla and I'm writing this while parked. What a bummer. Not sure if I should expect Tesla to replace the tire for me or not.

Otherwise, just a couple minor items need attention. Had to ask for floor mats and trunk covers, but they had them available. I was happy for the few minutes it lasted...

So after receiving a text 2 days ago saying Tesla plans to deliver the car in March and confirming that I want to take delivery in March, my EDD just jumped to March 29- April 14 this morning. I even called yesterday and spoke to a rep who said 95% probability I will get the car this month.

RN1153 dated July 24, blk on wht, 21, non FSD to Los Angeles.

****ing clown show for sure
Got “the text” today and scheduled first available delivery appointment on 3/23! Stoked AF!!

Will do my best to post some pics of my “tuxedo” config.