Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The saga continues... I got a VIN and scheduled a delivery appt last week (delivery 3/26). Late this week the VIN was unmatched and this was the explanation "they removed the VIN due to the vehicle projecting the incorrect mileage, I was advised that the VIN will be rematched to your order once this is fixed". This morning I checked and now my EDD is July 2 - August 27, which I think is Tesla for "we don't have a clue when you'll get a car". On the bright side at least it doesn't seem like the processed my loan application. So hopefully no un-necessary hit on my credit.

Moral of the story, a VIN doesn't always mean you're really going to get a car delivered.

Ignore this EDD. For the most part we all should ignore EDD updates and look at the big picture. There are regional patterns with Tesla deliveries. For example right now those of us on the east coast should not expect any deliveries until the latter half of April. That said, with minor outliers Tesla also delivers within those regions in a sequential RN manner. So as an RN1153 I should expect delivery before July this year. Again that’s my read of the big picture. Indeed you being in WA (?state) and 1153 could be delivered this month.
And then there’s the highly respected phenomenon of your EDD jumping way out just b4 VIN assignment. I don’t want to jinx you so read between the lines.
My VIN jumped out big after it was 3/14-3/28 to may-july
RN1151 location socal

Then a week later it jumped back to 3/20-4/11 and today I was assigned a VIN

NF 474

Anyone know how we can verify build date and if they have the new lights?

The saga continues... I got a VIN and scheduled a delivery appt last week (delivery 3/26). Late this week the VIN was unmatched and this was the explanation "they removed the VIN due to the vehicle projecting the incorrect mileage, I was advised that the VIN will be rematched to your order once this is fixed". This morning I checked and now my EDD is July 2 - August 27, which I think is Tesla for "we don't have a clue when you'll get a car". On the bright side at least it doesn't seem like the processed my loan application. So hopefully no un-necessary hit on my credit.

Moral of the story, a VIN doesn't always mean you're really going to get a car delivered.
How long between vin and getting unmatched? I’m going to apply for a loan and don’t want to do it and get unmatched

Just picked up my new LR this morning. Spent a while getting familiar with everything since it's my first Tesla. Took it for a nice leisurely drive in chill mode to get acquainted with the yoke and single peddle driving.

Once I got comfortable, I moved from chill to sport mode. Got to an open road, got up to 90mph, and I suddenly get an air pressure alert. I figured it was a mistake but pulled over to check anyway. Sure enough, one of my back tires is going flat. I barely put 10 miles on the car.

Roadside assistance dispatched through Tesla and I'm writing this while parked. What a bummer. Not sure if I should expect Tesla to replace the tire for me or not.

Otherwise, just a couple minor items need attention. Had to ask for floor mats and trunk covers, but they had them available. I was happy for the few minutes it lasted...
I don’t get why you had to ask for the floor mats and trunk covers. Baffles me, do they not check their damn cars

For those who have taken delivery, how long after delivery before the software updates? I’m on 2021.43.202 and the car is connected to Wi-Fi with advanced updates set as a preference. The app under service shows connect to Wi-Fi and the car shows that software is up to date. Also, what is the most current software version. Tried a search… but results weren’t relevant.

Reactions: Rikster
For those who have taken delivery, how long after delivery before the software updates? I’m on 2021.43.202 and the car is connected to Wi-Fi with advanced updates set as a preference. The app under service shows connect to Wi-Fi and the car shows that software is up to date. Also, what is the most current software version. Tried a search… but results weren’t relevant.
About three weeks for my two MYPs

Reactions: Mwolfe

Agreed that a VIN assignment isn't the end of the battle.
I was assigned a VIN in late December. It was and old build from May I believe (MF428). I took the chance with and said let's go. Had several delivery attempts cancelled due to firmware not being updateable. They needed to order parts.
Since they couldn't deliver before the end of the year, they pulled the VIN from my account. That's when my EDD shot out to where it is now. After a week or so of no progress, I told them I was no longer interested in the vehicle.
The car still remains at the dealer in the showroom I believe. Still waiting for parts. A member posted photos of it here a few weeks back.
I hope your car isn't waiting on parts.🤞

How long between vin and getting unmatched? I’m going to apply for a loan and don’t want to do it and get unmatched
I don’t apply until i drive to the SC and inspect the exterior. Did this with my Y and Hubby’s X. Once they confirm it’s on site i sneak over and do exterior inspection then apply. Believe nothing until you see it with your own eyes.

Reactions: chrisdh79
Just picked up my new LR this morning. Spent a while getting familiar with everything since it's my first Tesla. Took it for a nice leisurely drive in chill mode to get acquainted with the yoke and single peddle driving.

Once I got comfortable, I moved from chill to sport mode. Got to an open road, got up to 90mph, and I suddenly get an air pressure alert. I figured it was a mistake but pulled over to check anyway. Sure enough, one of my back tires is going flat. I barely put 10 miles on the car.

Roadside assistance dispatched through Tesla and I'm writing this while parked. What a bummer. Not sure if I should expect Tesla to replace the tire for me or not.

Otherwise, just a couple minor items need attention. Had to ask for floor mats and trunk covers, but they had them available. I was happy for the few minutes it lasted...
Curious to know if you were just that unlucky that you went over a screw or a nail, or if you actually got a bad tire.

Reactions: chrisdh79
I don’t apply until i drive to the SC and inspect the exterior. Did this with my Y and Hubby’s X. Once they confirm it’s on site i sneak over and do exterior inspection then apply. Believe nothing until you see it with your own eyes.
Interesting: did anyone say anything when they see a person sneaking around checking the exterior of the car? Lol

Agreed that a VIN assignment isn't the end of the battle.
I was assigned a VIN in late December. It was and old build from May I believe (MF428). I took the chance with and said let's go. Had several delivery attempts cancelled due to firmware not being updateable. They needed to order parts.
Since they couldn't deliver before the end of the year, they pulled the VIN from my account. That's when my EDD shot out to where it is now. After a week or so of no progress, I told them I was no longer interested in the vehicle.
The car still remains at the dealer in the showroom I believe. Still waiting for parts. A member posted photos of it here a few weeks back.
I hope your car isn't waiting on parts.🤞
Yeah, I doubt it'll happen but I'm hoping they fix and reassign to me next week. I'll also want them to give me a better explanation of what was wrong with it and what needed to be fixed/replaced. If those 2 things don't happen then I won't accept this VIN if they reassign it later.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap