Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to my local Tesla store today to bug them about our car orders. It just so happened that they had a Model S LR available that had just been rejected because the buyer didn't like what they offered for their trade-in. The sales advisor asked me if I wanted it, and I happily agreed. It's red with black interior and has the 21" wheels. And I get it at the original May 2021 order price!
We'll be picking it up tomorrow at 11am. NF475!

And your in CA? The EDD and VIN situation is brutal.

Had you ever turned down a delivery etc?
Yep in CA (about 1hr from the Fremont Factory). Been waiting for a NF (2022) VIN. I was offered a MF (2021) VIN this weekend, but rejected due to wanting the new lights.

Haven't turned down a delivery, but missed a delivery due to being out of state

Reactions: Midwst modlS
I went to my local Tesla store today to bug them about our car orders. It just so happened that they had a Model S LR available that had just been rejected because the buyer didn't like what they offered for their trade-in. The sales advisor asked me if I wanted it, and I happily agreed. It's red with black interior and has the 21" wheels. And I get it at the original May 2021 order price!
We'll be picking it up tomorrow at 11am. NF475!
I may give this a go tomorrow. I don’t think I’m willing to adjust my order though

Hello all! I just rejected a model s. Long Story short, when we went to Santa Row on Friday and they had a black on black Model S they just got on the display floor 20 min before we walked in. The lady said it wasn’t in the inventory yet, but it would come with a $5k discount since it was a damaged during transportation, they showed me the paperwork showing minimal work was done to it and it was it only had 19 miles on it. So I paid the deposit and we agreed to buy it. I pointed out the imperfections that I would like them to fix. Just went to go pick it up in Sunnyvale and rejected it cause the paint looks like dog poop in the sun light, the handles looked like they had scratches in them, I couldn’t rub them out at all, the paint was swirled to death as if it went through a car wash and there were streaks everywhere. The car was also a June 2021 build, as hard as it was to do, I rejected it. I feel for $96k it should’ve been detailed to be pristine, I even told them I would take it if they could put it on paper that they would fix everything. They gave me the shpeel about black paint and swirls and imperfections, but it didn’t go well with me since I have a 21 Black Model 3 performance that didn’t have any of that. So for anyone in the Bay Area, don’t be surprised if you are reached out and offer this Model S LR. I requested for a new build and now I have a EDD 1 April - 5 April. Not holding my breath though!

On another note, the guy who helped me today was wonderful. No pressure at all to take the car, and he actually suggested I reject it because he could see I was very unhappy with it.

Attachments

• 123C939E-3E88-4CA9-81A3-C4920A78936A.jpeg
    123C939E-3E88-4CA9-81A3-C4920A78936A.jpeg
    627.6 KB · Views: 94
  • A5DB5F2B-B74F-4716-845A-CED95B7A8D08.jpeg
    A5DB5F2B-B74F-4716-845A-CED95B7A8D08.jpeg
    463.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 11BBD2F9-CE16-4135-A0D0-7F55C2A582E9.jpeg
    11BBD2F9-CE16-4135-A0D0-7F55C2A582E9.jpeg
    364.1 KB · Views: 87
  • A7EC812C-214C-4E41-BBFA-69F15B427FF2.jpeg
    A7EC812C-214C-4E41-BBFA-69F15B427FF2.jpeg
    863.9 KB · Views: 84
Picked up my Deep Blue Metallic Model S LR today. It's my first Tesla and am pretty pumped. My previous car was a Porsche Cyanne.

Placed the order sometime in Jan 2021. Originally was assigned a VIN and delivery in Dec of 2021, but I was no ready since I was out of country. Then got another one assiged Feb, and picked it up today. Moving from a Porsche Cyanne. It's completely different experience.

My car came with all the latest bells and whistles, including the updated Head and Tail lights. No major issues other than, the gap was a slightly larger on one side of the hood to the fender compared to the other side.

Although they did not give me the Key Fobs that come with the car. In my exitement of picking the car did not even notice they were missing. So opend a service ticket and got an appointment for Monday.

My EDD just moved to May 16- Jun 27.
You and I ordered days apart for the same configuration. Similar EDD. Mine changed last week. I'm gonna be watching you like a hawk as I'm sure I'll be days to weeks away once you get your VIN. Tagging you right now.
And if that doesn't happen I'll come here and denounce Tesla for favoring men with too much hair from the Mid West based on extensive data I have gathered on this forum.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: chrisdh79
Our second S is a RN1164. White outside black inside, LR, 21", no FSD. It shows April 12 - May 17. Initially, it was April 24th to May 24th. I think we have ordered it early February.

I don't have a VIN yet, but any idea approximately how many weeks pass until delivery once a VIN is issued? We are located in FL so I guess at least two weeks for shipping.